EPISODE 18

17/11/2019 - Sunday -At Tambaram.

Shiva's P. O. V :

Her eyes widened and her face became pale, shock clearly visible.

If this is Aparna, then who is Prerna? Who is my brother married to?

After few seconds, she composed herself and stared at me.

" I am Prerna! " She said with a fake grin.

" No, I saw the post in Aparna's account, with this tattoo. "I said words stuttering out of my mouth.

" Duh! " She said and walked to her phone, she was suddenly confident.

She opened something and handed the phone to me.

It was a pic, of her with her sister, both showing off their tattoo.

They had twin tattoo, with the same words.

I bit my tongue hard. Why ! , what is going on with me! , now I need to face my Anni.

I gave back her phone and looked at her innocently.

" You thought I was my sister? " She asked laughing.

I nodded and laughed back, silently thanking God that she left it at that.

Laugh idiot , laugh at your stupidity.

" Good night! " I said and walked back to my room.

I closed the door and turned on the lights. It was close to two in the night. All the sleep drained out of me. I was anxious.

I took out my notebook to write something.

I can't really meet Aparna, that's the fate which I had to accept.

I started writing a virtual letter to her, which might help me take out this confusion.

I wrote few words and I couldn't write anything. I tore off the paper and threw it in my dustbin.

I opened my phone and it was a message from Anjali, she sent it four hours ago.

" You always think you have a say in this. But you don't.

I can do things which you can't even imagine. Like attempting a suicide, after writing a letter stating that you are responsible for it.

Understand me Shiva, I really want you to. I have waited four years. You need to answer that at least.

Even if you don't understand, you have no choice. You can't run away baby. "

I could literally feel the venom in her words.

I am a captive to her. She sees me as a toy she was promised on her birthday ,A puppet who would fulfill her wishes of living in a city. She doesn't have any passion in life. I really wish I could just run away from here. What would happen if I do that?

I can work in my own firm, do what I want. I can date someone who would respect me as a person. I would be living a life that I wanted . Even if I didn't earn a lot, I would be much more happy.

But I would end up making more damage than my brother did. I still remember the broken face on Appa and Amma on the day Rajiv ran away.

The comments all the neighbors and relatives passed behind our back. All those people who laughed at my parents, saying they don't have good upbringing that their son ran away.

If I do the same, they would be broken beyond help.

A memory flashed before my eyes.

" You will marry her! " Amma said sternly with tears on her eyes.