EPISODE 12

12/11/2019 - Tuesday- Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V :

I was in my office looking at the office account at Facebook.

The followers count has been frozen for the past three months. No improvement.

My last client fucked me up ,by getting the plan and escaping without paying.

Hari had a small finance company to support the income from this office. Karthick would come here time to time to check on us, He has opened his own materials shop. We also had one draftsman.The two interns were freshers. We had a pune Anna.

And paying them every month was my biggest struggle.

I took out money from my personal account to pay the interns.

" Dude, start working on that Hema project. You are wasting your time! " Hari said.

The new intern at the corner smirked lightly behind his screen.

The more I thought about my issues, I more tired I was. I needed a break.

I shook my head and something crossed my mind.

" Is Aparna really close to Shwetha? " I asked Hari.

" Yeah " He said.

I quickly opened Shwetha's account in facebook and ran over her friends list.

" You are a shameful creature " Hari said.

" Shut the fuck up " I said as I found the profile I was looking for.

" Your Anni decently would have given Aparna's number! " Hari said.

" I really didn't feel like getting her number. But I can't stop thinking now " I said.

I don't usually spill my secrets easily, but with Anni, I felt so much liberated. She gave me the space I needed, and I didn't know why I told everything.

" Aparna Khatri "

The profile opened up with a picture of her, turned back, meditating sitting on a beach.

" Friends call me Appy.
Architect by profession,
Artist by heart "

Her account was private and I could see nothing else.

I took a long breadth and clicked the friend request.

" As if she would accept a request from a stranger. " Hari said.

I hit on the back of his head and closed the page.

After an hour, I was working in AutoCAD when the notification popped on my screen.

" Aparna Khatri accepted your request. You are friends now"

I was surprised and called Hari to look at the message.

I instantly opened her profile and started scrolling down her feed.

It was filled with pictures that she took with her friends in college, parties, forests and beaches.

Her life seemed more interesting than my project drawing.

She graduated by 2018 . She must be two years younger than me.

Then a photo caught my eyes, it was on her sister's wedding. She was standing near my brother and Anni. They all looked happy. They were at some temple.

" They do look like twins. I can totally understand why you were confused. " Hari said from my behind.

" Don't peep " I said and shooed him away.