EPISODE 49

16/12/2020 - Monday , At Hari & Shwetha wedding Hall, Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V :

The makeup artist completed her work thirty minutes before the wedding. We rushed Shwetha to click some good pics and then she was dragged into the wedding Hall by her family.

Karthik was accompanying Hari for the past two days. Shiva had disappeared all of a sudden. And I had no energy to ask Hari about anyone else.

The wedding finally happened with lots of happy tears from both bride and groom family. The entire groom's gang seemed dull without Shiva.

I met with my Chennai friends after a long time and we were walking in the lawn outside the wedding Hall.

Suddenly Karthik came rushing towards me.

" Aparna, can I talk to you for a minute ? " Karthik asked nervously. He was visibly shaking.

I walked to him and he dragged me inside the wedding Hall.

" Look there! " He said pointing to the right corner of the Hall.

I took a sharp breath on seeing the image in front of me.

It was Shiva sitting with Anjali. They both were laughing and talking animatedly.

They both walked towards the stage for a group pic. I was stupified and couldn't move from my spot.

Karthik was pulling his hair out beside me.

I shook my head and looked at Karthik confused.

" I really wish I could kill him! " Karthik muttered under his breadth.

" Did Shiva tell you about this? " I asked him.

" No, He didn't even answer my call today morning. I didn't know he would show up with Anjali! " Karthik said gritting his teeth.

" I was expecting this anyway " I said sharply and walked out of the Hall. Suddenly the huge Hall felt small and claustrophobic. I shakily ran out to the lawn area.

Thankfully Karthik didn't follow me. I went back to my room and took rest. I restrained myself from thinking about Shiva. I was already filled with my own problems. I didn't have the energy to think about anything else.

We sent off the couple on their honeymoon and finally the wedding Hall was becoming quieter.

I walked out for a breath of fresh air. It was almost evening.

I drank a glass of water, in vain attempt to calm myself down.

When I turned around, I was face to face with Anjali and Shiva.

Too bad that I wasn't fast enough to run away. I was caught back by Anjali.

" Hello! You work with Shiva right? " Anjali asked with a fake smile.

" Yes " I said with blank expression.

" Well, I heard that there was someone in your office who doesn't know their place. People tend to forget on whose shares this office is running. The one who paid the loan, that person should be the head. how can people be so disloyal! " Anjali said.

I smiled in shear disbelief. I looked at Shiva and he wasn't looking me in the eye. I laughed back and shook my head.

So this was the reason behind all those stupid words! I was the reason behind his anger!

I turned to Shiva.

" Are you really that much insecure? " I asked him folding my arms.

" What do you mean? " He asked taking a step closer to me.