EPISODE 43

5/12/2020, At Shiva's Office, Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V:

I tried to cover up my surprise with a fake laugh and sat back on my chair. My laptop still had some charge and It could run for an hour.

Shiva rolled his chair and sat near me. He called a mechanic to come check on the generator. He was becoming restless as the time was running.

Hari and Shwetha came back around 11 in the night. Karthik came after them and brought in a temporary light.My laptop lost its battery and I had to stop working.

" Noooo!!! " I shouted as my laptop gave me a final good bye and went to sleep.

" Awesome " Shiva said sarcastically as I closed my laptop.

" Guys, don't get stressed. I have called the electric board, we will get the power soon. Calm down! " Karthik said patting Shiva.

I took out my phone and started editing the schedule.

" When should we submit the files? " Hari asked.

" Afternoon of 9th , we have three and half days" I said.

" Can we play something? " Karthik asked.

" Play? " I asked confused.

" My head is feeling like a pressure cooker and you want to play? " Shiva asked biting his teeth.

" It would help you cool off. " Shwetha said.

" Okay, anyway we can do nothing else now. " I said scratching my head.

" Let's play truth or dare! " Karthik announced standing up.

We sat on the floor in a circle and a plastic bottle was placed at the center. Karthik downloaded an app to give out dare. Hari was playing songs in his phone.

I sat in between Shwetha and Karthik, Hari sat beside Shwetha. And Shiva was sitting opposite to me.

Under the dull light, I still saw Shiva's eyes shining with the same happiness that he had in the evening.

" Let's start! " Karthik said and rotated the bottle with his hands.

The cap stood facing Shwetha.

All of us cheered as Karthik picked out the dare.

" Promote the person who gave you the question for three minutes straight. Wow, come on, do a marketing for me! " Karthik said to Shwetha.

She breathed out relieved.

" This person with a really nice name should be in every friends gang. If you have him with you, you can be sure that he will do anything for you. Even jumping into girls hostel if needed. Also, he is single and has a shop on his name. You won't get a boy like this again, this is your only chance! " Shwetha said.

Hari was laughing with Shiva, while Karthik looked at Shwetha smiling.

" I am going to put that up in my tinder profile! " Karthik said.

" That was good! " I said.

" But was boring! " Shiva said and got a beating from Karthik.

The bottle was rotated again and it landed in front of Hari.

" Propose to the person sitting on your right side! " Karthik said rolling with laughter.

Shiva was sitting at the right side of Hari.

" You are making it up, aren't you? " Hari asked in disbelief to Karthik. Karthik showed his phone and pointed at him to do it.

Shwetha was giggling at my side.