EPISODE 44

6/12/2020 - At Shiva office , T nagar ,Chennai.

Shiva's P. O. V :

Things were getting out of hand and I was becoming nervous. I wasn't able to completely enjoy the moment or push it away. I expected to get pushed away but I wasn't. My mind was being boggled with confusion but I wasn't ready to break away from the kiss.

" Oohhhh! " I heard a scream from behind and instantly pushed Aparna away from me.

It was Hari, gawking at us, holding a torch in his hand.

" Is this how you take care of deadlines Shiva? " Hari said to me laughing.

Aparna closed her face with her hands and ran back inside.

I walked to Hari and caught his collar. He had a stupid grin on his face.

" Don't you dare talk about this! " I said to him and he nodded smiling.

I released him and Hari loosened his neck.

" Is this right Shiva? " He asked me.

" What? " I asked confused.

" What you are doing with Aparna! You are giving her hope, can you still take responsibility for this? " He asked.

I rubbed my face with my hands and let out a long breath.

" If you don't take a decision now, she would be the one who will suffer. " Hari said and walked inside.

I sat down on the nearby empty chair and rested my head on my hand.

I tried hard to reason myself, but I couldn't. More than the doubt on me, I couldn't believe why Aparna didn't stop me. She was always the one with huge self respect, she knows my state. She was the first one to tell me to stay away, yet she didn't stop me today.

The power finally came back, I shook my head and walked back inside the office.

Things were back to normal and everyone started working.

I walked back to my seat and slightly glanced at Aparna, her face was back to the devil mode. She showed no sign of distraction.

I turned back to my screen and started working. The time ran thoughtlessly, though I was tensed about the deadline, I didn't feel depressed. Because someone else was taking all the stress for the entire firm.

By around 6 in the morning, I rushed back to my home to fresh up.

Amma woke up hearing me open the doors. She walked out with a sleepy face.

" Do you plan on living in your office? For that salary that you are earning, you need not do this much. You can take it easy. Anyway you have Appa's shop to support you. " She said.

It has been nearly three days since I saw her. And the first thing she tells me is to take over the shop.

" No , really, do you care about my firm at all? " I asked my amma.

" What are you saying? I really care about it. " She said.

" If you really do, then you definitely should know by now that I am going through a difficult phase. Yet, instead of supporting me, you want me to give up. " I said in a low tone.

" I am saying for your own good! " She said.

" Thanks a lot! " I said sarcastically and ran upstairs.

The next day was the most hectic one. Nobody had time to sleep. Yet we all pulled it up.

We took shifts and were working 24 hours. I came back to home the next day morning, and feel asleep mindlessly.