EPISODE 16

16/11/2019 - Saturday -At Chennai, Shiva's  Firm

Shiva's P. O. V :

" This is totally inhumane! " Hari was cursing.

" What? " I asked, turning to him from my pc.

" Today is Saturday! It was supposed to be a holiday! " He said staring at me.

" Stop whining like a school kid and work! " I said.

" At least let us finish off by afternoon? " He asked with big eyes.

" No! " I said.

The two interns murmered to themselves with sad faces.

I shook my head and went back to work.

Hari's phone rang and he started coeing in his phone, must be his finance.

" Wait, are you serious? " He shouted on his phone and stood up.

I looked at him signalling what happened.

" Don't let her go! We will be there in copper kitchen in ten minutes! " He said and cut the call.

" What? " I asked.

" Aparna is with Shwetha! We need to go now!" He said.

When I heard that name, suddenly nothing mattered, Anjali, engagement, loan, nothing did. I wanted to see her.

I stood up and we both ran out.

" Lock the office before you leave! " I shouted to the interns and started the bike. Hari sat behind me.

I was flying through the traffic. Hari was navigating to the restaurant.

The traffic, the sun, the noise, I wasn't feeling any of it.

" Hari, you know what, today is the day I am happy that you are my friend! " I shouted to him.

" Good going Macha! What about all those days when I supplied free booze? " He said.

I laughed at him and moved quick as the signal turned green.

" In two minutes! Take the next left! " Hari said and I followed it.

The copper kitchen board came into my view. We rushed to the parking, parked my bike hastily and ran in.

We were out of breath, the restaurant was quite empty except for one corner.

I was looking at the group for that one face.

It was occupied by Shwetha and her friends. As we walked closer, Shwetha's disappointed face came into view.

She shook her head and walked to us.

"Sorry! " She said.

All the energy drained from me.

" You said she was here! " Hari said.

" She was! She got a call from her mother. That her dad was sick! She ran out! Few seconds ago! " Shwetha said.

I sat down on a chair nearby and placed my head over my hands. Hari sat near me.

"Sorry da" He told slowly. Shwetha walked back to her friends table. Two girls were giggling at me.

I shook my head and smiled at Hari.

I was going mad, over her. Why did I even allow her to control my life?

I sat there silently for few minutes and Hari woke me up.

" Shiva! Dude, you weren't this broken even on that day Anjali messed up with you. I thought you would clear off your mind if you talk to Aparna in person. I didn't know , this would affect you this much. " He said.