EPISODE 17

16/11/2019 - Saturday -At Chennai, Copper kitchen.

Aparna's P. O. V :

I was standing near the balcony of the restaurant, taking in fresh air.

Too many things were running inside my mind. I was feeling guilty for confusing Shiva and for allowing my expectations to grow on him.

All the girls were inside deciding on who should pay the bill. We had taken up two huge tables.

Shwetha walked out from the group and stood near me.

" What happened yaar? I am missing the old kick ass Aparna! " She said.

" I wish I could go back! " I said.

" You know what, just spill it! Even on my engagement, you looked anxious, now this is too much. " She said.

" I don't know if you will get it! " I said.

" Try! " Shwetha said.

" Okay, I am actually in Chennai , not for my office work, but for my sister. " I said.

" What do you mean? " She said.

" Remember, she got married against the grooms family. Now they agreed to take back her and my brother in law. But my sister underwent IVF. So she can't travel.

But my brother in law's family wanted her here. So I came here imposing as her to attend the bloody engagement of the brother of my brother in law! " I said without taking a breath in between.

" You and your sister look the same, so it will work out. I can see through this. But what's the issue in this? You just came for the engagement right? " She asked.

" The engagement is not the problem. I got close to the brother of my brother in law and he sees me as sister in law, but also seems to like the real Aparna " I said.

" Stop saying this brother of brother of sister in law! Say his name! " She said.

" Shiva! That guy for whose engagement I came was Shiva! I am staying in his home as his Anni! He is best friend of Hari. He was there in your engagement. I hope now you can get why I ran away! " I said.

" Wait, Shiva? " She said shocked.

" Yes, that tall one with beard! " I said.

" Aparna curse me to hell! I fucked up! " She said shaking.

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" Hari was pestering me to make a meeting between you and Shiva! And I called them few minutes ago telling you are here with me! " She said.

My head was spinning and I was about to faint.

As we were standing out, I saw Shiva's bike at a distance.

I turned to Shwetha and took a long breath. I don't have enough time to kill this girl.

I can't run out. I will be caught on the entrance.

I need to hide inside this restaurant in two minutes.

" Look Shwetha, when they come, tell them that I ran out, that I got some news. I am going to sit in the furthest corner of our table.

He will be looking for me, only me. Before they come close , you go and tell them that I ran out! They will stop looking! I would be turned back. " I said as I threw my shawl over my head, making it look like a half pardha.

She nodded her head and we both rushed and sat down.

I was trying to control my breathing, but I wasn't able to breathe at all. I was facing the wall, while Shwetha was sitting facing the entrance.