EPISODE 60

Shiva's P. O. V:

Amma was sitting and watching TV. I sat beside her and turned off the TV.

" What Shiva? Why do you look so down? " Amma asked me concerned.

" Amma, can I ask you something? I need genuine answer from you. I want you to think about it hundred times before answering " I said to her.

She nodded her head with a confident smile.

" How did Anjali attempt suicide? " I asked her.

" After your brother ran away, your uncle was having hard time finding a groom for her. She got depressed and drank pesticides. She was found unconscious and then taken to the hospital. By God's grace, she was saved. Why are you asking me this old story? " She asked me.

I took out my phone and showed her the text message from Anjali.

" Anjali told me that she attempted suicide by taking sleeping pills. But you are saying pesticides. Which is the right one? " I asked my Amma.

" What is this?, your uncle told me the news about Anjali. He definitely said pesticides. How would I forget that day? He cried to me over phone for days. He was my own brother and how would I mix up this? " Amma said confused.

" Amma, I know. But please, just this once, please clear this. " I pleaded to her.

Amma instantly picked up her phone and walked inside her room.

My mind was running over million reasons as to what Anjali is hiding.

I knew that she was calling someone. After few minutes, my appa arrived and he too rushed inside the room towards my mother. He dropped the wedding invitations bag on the floor without any thought and ran inside.

I started getting text messages from Anjali and I knew that some bomb has blasted. I ignored all of her messages and didn't attend her calls too. I waited in the living room nervously.

I heard my appa shout and I barged into their room.

My appa was shouting in the phone and my Amma was sitting over the bed crying.

" We no longer want any relationship with such toxic people! We are done! " My appa said and cut the call.

My heart was beating so loud that I can't hear anything else.

I rushed in and sat beside my Amma.

" What happened? " I asked her.

She was crying holding her mouth with her hands.

" Amma, please! " I said to her.

" I am sorry Shiva! " She said and hugged me tight.

" What is it? " I asked her.

" I did a huge mistake. I don't deserve any trust from you. " She said and laid back on her pillow.

" What happened? What did Anjali say? " I asked.

" I called my friend in the village. She told me that Anjali didn't suicide at all. I asked her again and again, maybe if the issue was kept secret. But she was very sure that none of the people in that house ever got admitted to a hospital. I called your uncle immediately. He initially was telling me that I was being deceived by others. But after a point, he gave up and told that, it was a trap. " Amma said.

I stood up and looked at my Amma in disbelief.

" What are you saying Amma? What is the use in trapping me? " I asked.