EPISODE 10

10/11/2019 - At Chennai - Tambaram.

Shiva's P. O. V:

I lit the candle with my lighter and turned to Anni.

She was there sitting on the chair near my bed.

Her brown eyes looking straight at me.

The candle light throwing shade on her face. Her light skin shining with a golden glow.

I was hell shocked at who was in front of me. She is the girl I saw in that ladies hostel.

Her pointed chin, the sleek hair framing her face, her huge eyes.

It was as if I was in a dream. I moved closer, scared that I am imagining all this.

She gasped loudly and got up from the chair.

She hastened out of my room. I stood at the same spot frozen.

The power came back and I blew out the candle.

I slowly sat on my bed and replayed my brother's words.

That Prerna didn't visit Chennai, not even once in the past four years.

I closed my eyes and ran over that night again and again. I was missing something.

We jumped into the hostel. We ran into the wrong room. A girl was there. I caught her and closed her mouth.

We told her the truth.

Some lady asked from outside, if she was okay. She said yes.

She showed us the way out.

What did that lady say, she said some name. But it did sound similar to Prerna.

Fuck, I should have written down that name.

I turned off the lights and laid on my bed.

Was that girl really my Anni? Was she a doppelganger?

This is so unnerving, did I have a crush on my sister in law two years ago? , I can't even digest this. The only girl I ever had a crush on ended up as my sister in law. I felt disgusted on myself.

Wait, but why did she run out so quick? Was she scared of something? Did she remember something?

Why can't this day just end?

11/11/2019 - Monday

My phone rang and woke me up.

It was the Bastard Hari.

" Shiva, you asshole! Where are you? " He scolded as soon I picked up the call.

" What? " I asked. It was only 8 in the morning .

"You were supposed to pick me up from my home, remember? " He said.

Shit, today was his engagement. I totally forgot that. I had to take him to the parlor.

" Yeah, yeah, I will be there in 10 minutes " I said and rushed to the bathroom.

" You Bastard! " He said and cut the call.

I gobbled the idli on the dinning table and ran out. Both my mom and Anni were out of my sight.

I started my bike and drove to Hart's home. He was standing outside and he started cursing as soon as he saw me.

" Sorry! Hop on! " I said and he sat behind me.

We went to the nearby naturals unisex parlor.