EPISODE 45

8/12/2019 - At Shiva office, T nagar, Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V :

Shiva was crying and I could feel his warm tears on my neck. My eyes welled up instantly and I gulped down the harsh truth.

After few seconds, he released me and helped me get up from the floor.

Hari and karthik were screaming and hugging Shiva.

I walked slowly to the restroom and Shwetha followed me.

As we came out of the work station, Shwetha caught my hand and stopped me.

" What's going on ? " She asked me. I faked a smile and looked back at her.

" Nothing! " I said.

" I saw you shouting in your phone yesterday night, is Michael torturing you again? " She asked concerned.

I decided to lie again.

" No , it's the usual brawling " I said.

" Okay, Let's go out to eat. " She said and walked back inside the office.

I trudged my way back to the restroom and closed the door.

All the pressure piled up inside came out as tears. I cried my heart out.

Michael's words echoed in the empty space in between my sobbing.

" You can go nowhere now. "

" This is your last chance "

" This year will be the end to your career. "
" Mark the date, let's meet on 31st "

Michael had sent my work address to the architect's association and my old firm had send a request to restrict me to work as an Architect.

The Chennai architect's association had decided to have a hearing from my side. I had already lost my support in the Bangalore association. If I loose it here, I might really have to pack up, again.

I wiped out my tears and splashed the cold water on my face.

I walked back into the office to join the cheering team.

Shiva was busy calling up the client for a meeting. Hari and Karthik had already started practicing for the presentation.

I went out with Shwetha and came back in the noon.

" Do I look okay? " Shiva asked me adjusting his pale blue shirt. I was too tired to even notice anything.

I nodded back and went to my seat.

By around 5 in the evening, Latha walked into the office along with her husband.

Shwetha made them sit at the conference room and signalled us to come in.

Shiva was visibly shaking. I tapped his shoulders and he looked at me nervously.

" Shiva, You deserve this. We have did our best, be confident." I said to him.

" If I mess up, will you back me up? " He asking holding his hands tight.

" I will be there. " I said.

He nodded at me with a smile and walked into his first ever project presentation.

We started the meeting and the boys took turns speaking. I was helping them from the side by giving hints.

" Let me ask you one thing " Latha asked after they completed the presentation.

" Yes " Shiva said.