EPISODE 48

13.12.2019 , At Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V :

I really didn't know what was going on inside me. I didn't know who to talk to.

In the past, whenever I feel disturbed, I used to clear it out with my friends and then Aparna helped at times too. But tonight, I felt like I couldn't open up to them.

I reached my home straight from the wedding venue. As I rushed in, I found Anjali in the living room.

I walked past her without looking at her.

" Had dinner? " She asked me as I was half way to the stairs.

I stopped for a moment and looked at her.

" Yes! " I said.

" Why do you look so grumpy? " She asked me.

" Look, I am really not in the mind to have chit chats with you. Call my amma and chat as much as you want! " I said.

" If not chit chats, how about true conversation? " She asked me.

I huffed out loud and sat back on the couch in the living room as I had no other means to escape from Anjali.

She sat beside me.

" I know that you are not some one to break commitments. I trust you" She said slowly and I looked down.

" I know that I am not the typical girl you wanted to marry. I forcefully pulled you into this, because I had no other go. " She said.

" At least you know what you did " I said and looked away from her.

" I was very anxious and that's what repelled you away from me. I really want to change myself. I would be the girl that you want me to be. " She said.

Suddenly a hard realization struck me. What was I doing!, In the name of dreams and desire, I have pulled Aparna into my life and I don't know if I should take responsibility for Aparna or for Anjali.

" You are shining in your career Shiva! You don't need someone else to support you! " She said.

" Do you really think that way? " I asked her.

" I do! " She said.

My parents walked into the house at the same time.

I stood up from the couch and Anjali looked at me confused.

I turned around to go back to my room.

" Shiva, wait here. " My amma said and walked back to her room.

After few minutes a family meeting was going on in the living room.

" The wedding is in two months. We should start inviting all the guests. Because of Rajiv, last time we did nothing. At least now, we can do your wedding in a large scale. " Amma said.

Soon they started discussing the shopping schedule and location for the wedding. I zoned out from the conversation.

" Shiva, is that okay with you? " My appa asked.

I shook my head and brought my mind back to the place.

" I am okay with anything " I said uninterested.

" He is always like this. I am just happy it's you Anjali. I can finally keep my head up in our community. " My amma said.

" But, Aunty, I am also planning to join a job " Anjali said silently, I looked at her surprised.

" Not necessary Anjali. We are not a family who should run the house by sending the daughter in law to work. " My amma said.

" I am planning to join in Shiva's office " Anjali said.