EPISODE 40

2/12/2020 - Monday, At T nagar, Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V :

" Are you sure that this is the right idea?, I am scared that I might get killed. " I said to Hari as we stood outside our office.

We had taken half a day off due to my hangover and decided to enter the office after lunch. I stayed in Hari's home and that's how he saved my drunk ass from my parents.

" That might happen. But don't you really remember anything ? " Hari asked confused.

" I remember talking with Anjali though, then I think I threw a tantrum at Aparna, but I don't remember what I said. " I said.

" I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. " Hari said and walked inside the office. I followed him silently.

As soon we stepped in, all the eyes were on me. I tried to ignore the stares and sat on my place.

I shakily turned on my computer and started reading the mail box.

I heard foot steps approaching me and I knew who it was, I gulped hard and focused on the screen.

" Shiva! " Aparna called me from behind.

I fake coughed and slowly turned back.

" This is the data we collected. I have compiled everything. I have also sent a copy of this to the client. I have also asked her to add her ideas. " Aparna said swiftly and walked back to her place.

Shwetha was giggling looking at Aparna and Hari was trying very hard to bite back his laughter.

I scratched my head and went back to reading the file.

" Shiva, don't you really remember anything that you said? " Shwetha asked.

I turned back and furrowed my eyebrows.

A pen landed straight on Shwetha's head and she winced in pain.

" Shut up and work " Aparna said and glowered at Shwetha.

I tilted my head puzzled and turned back to my screen.

Why do I feel like I did some huge drama being drunk?, I am too embarrassed to ask.

Aparna picked a call and rushed out to the outdoor dining area.

Maybe I should ask her, with all the jokes being thrown around, it's definitely something I did to Aparna.

I slowly walked out to the dining area.

" No, I am done. I don't care if I have to pack my bag and move to some North East state. I would do it than being with you! " Aparna's high pitched voice reached me.

I heard Aparna shouting in her phone. I was taken aback by the situation and silently retreated.

I have seen her do this a lot of times. She gets some call and she gets all worked up. Who is disturbing her and why isn't she doing anything about it?

" I am done with you Michael! " She said as she cut the call.

Wait, Michael?!

Aparna turned around swiftly and I gave her a wide smile.

She shook her head and walked past me. I caught her hand and pulled her back.

" What are you doing! " She squirmed.

" Was that Michael? " I asked looking into her teary eyes.

" It's none of your business " She said.