EPISODE 32

27/11/2019 - Wednesday - ( Three days after the engagement) - At Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V:

I walked downstairs and fetched my bike key from the stand.

Amma and Appa returned from Bangalore yesterday. They finally decided to visit their daughter in law.

I rushed past the dining hall without touching my breakfast. I made sure to not look at my Amma's face. I don't think I am going to forgive her ever again.

" Shiva, it's time you drop your firm. You should start coming to the shop, only then you will know about the dealers. By the time you get married, you will be trained enough to take over the shop. " Appa said to me.

" I have work in Office. " I said and started wearing my socks and shoes.

" Let's see for long you would be able to turn deaf ears to my words. When the bank officer comes knocking next time, it will be your headache. " He said.

" If something like that happens again, I swear, I will shut down my firm. " I said angrily and ran out to my bike.

I started the bike and drove past the streets.

When I reached the office, Hari and karthik were already there.

I walked in and threw my bag into my chair.

I gulped hard and sat down. Hari sat beside me.

" What happened? " He asked.

I showed him the ring on my finger. Hari nodded his head silently.

" But you went to Theni, so stern that you will cancel the engagement." Karthik said.

" I told my amma that Anjali was blackmailing me with suicide. I thought amma would understand. I was wrong for thinking that only I was blackmailed by Anjali. " I said.

" What do you mean? " Hari asked.

" She is doing the same to my Amma. Not just Anjali, Anjali's Appa too. She had already did it once when my brother ran away, all of them are so scared that she would do it again. " I said.

" But Shiva, it's your life! I am really sorry for saying this,but if it's too much,then do as your brother did. " Karthik said.

" At least he didn't have Amma torturing him with a death threat, and a dream office which was going in loss and I don't even have a girl to run away with " I said and bit my tongue after saying the last line.

" That I won't accept. She went away only because of your commitment issues. " Hari said.

" Wrong, she came in after knowing about my commitment issues. " I said.

" Just remember okay, if you really want to run away, tell us, we would help you" Karthik said.

" Please drop the idea of  me running away. I promised to my Amma that I won't. Even if situations get worse, I won't run away. " I said.

" We won't let the situation get worse then" Hari said patting me.

"Thanks " I said. I took off the ring from my hand and placed it on the table.

" We have one problem though. " Hari said.

" What? " I asked looking up.

" That residence plan we were working on, the client asked for sample plans three days ago. You were in Theni , I sent the plans to him. " Hari said.

" So, what? " I asked.

" But after he got the plan, he just disappeared. I have been trying to call him, his number is switched off. I called his friends, and they are saying, he has vanished.