Chapter 1

Being alone is something I'm beyond used to by now so as I sit alone in this train compartment, it's nothing new. Judging by the setting sun I'm assuming we'll arrive soon and I sigh in relief; long train journeys are not very fun. Albus had already told me I had no need to ride over the lake on a boat with the first years, for which I'm grateful, but I did have to go meet a Professor McGonagall when I arrived.

My Hogwarts knowledge isn't very extensive beyond it's big, it has a lake and a bit about the four houses but I hope wherever I end up will be comfortable.

The train shutters to a stop and I step onto the platform. The castle really does look beautiful at night, lights twinkling against the backdrop of the inky night sky. I got a few glances on my way to the carriages but that didn't bother me; I'm told Hogwarts doesn't get many transfer students.

As I sit myself down on one carriage a girl with fiery hair and green eyes steps up and smiles at me.

"I was wondering if we could share the carriage with you up to the castle, is that okay?"

"Course, no problem." My American accent is extremely noticeable compared to her British one but she doesn't acknowledge it and instead sits down followed by a boy with greasy black hair and slightly off coloured skin.

"My name's Lily and this is Severus, we're going into fourth year, what about you?"

"I'll be fourth year too! My name is Summer." It's hard not to get excited by talking to new people but I leave them to their own coversation since I don't know which house I'll end up in and if I'll see them much.

The carriage slowly came to a stop and I left Lily and Severus to make my way over to Mcgonagall who was waiting for the first years. I watched the rest of the school filter into where the food must be served as we waited, seeing lots of curious glances and not so subtle whispers. By no means am I shy but I was thankful when they'd all gone and McGonagall started talking about the school and houses to the first years. Being told to go to the back of the line, I followed the first years into a massive hall, decked out with four long tables and floating candles. I couldn't help but whistle in approval as I took in the starlike ceiling; this place lived up to its rumours.

My turn finally came and I felt the eyes of everyone as I made my way to the stool and placed the worn hat on my head. It covered my eyes and I started at the voice hissing at me.

"Summer Brown from the most ancient and noble house of purebloods in America?? My my what chaotic thoughts you have my dear! You have knowledge and a great deal of it but not Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff is out of the question, no offence. Gryffindor or Slytherin?? I think it must be..GRYFFINDOR!!!!"

Removing the hat, I made my way to the table cheering the loudest and my uniform automatically changed to the symbol of a lion. Lily smiles and invites me to sit next to her and we start to get to know each other over food.

This seems nice.

( so as you may or may not know, I started this book way back in 2014 and finished it July 14th 2015 published it, got amazing feedback and went on to do the rest of the Harry Potter franchise. Now as you can see, I unpublished all my works in a moment of 1am weakness because I was really unhappy with how it was. So here I am, doing the whole thing over again. I didn't like all my loose ends but I don't expect that much of the story line will change, if anything it may be extended, and i know a lot of people did like my books which makes me so unbelievably happy you can't imagine. I hope the people who liked this book take a chance to re read it as I go along and I promise to stay on top of writing and not have monthly gaps. Thank you and lots of love and kisses, Mya xxx )