Chapter 49

I wake up next morning feeling refreshed, and i'm not completely sure why.

But I like it!

Jumping out of bed i hit my head on the post of my bed.

Morning happiness gone, knew it wouldn't last long.

Rubbing my head i groan and complain whilst going into the bathroom. Lily is in there brushing her teeth.

I look in the mirror at my red head and continue to complain about it as i wash my face.

"What did you do?"

"I walked into the damn bed post!"

She snorts much to my discomfort.

How dare she!

She goes to grab her clothes before going into the shower so i quickly changer her shampoo with black hair dye.

She comes back and i skidaddle to the common room, snickering and waiting for the scream that's sure to come.

Remus moves up so i can sit down and i feel weird. I'm not sure why.

Ignoring the feeling we have a  chat about the upcoming OWLs and what sort of career we want.

"I mean i'd love to do something good but who will ever hire someone like me?"

"Don't feel so downhearted Remus, anyone with a brain will look past that idiotic label and employ you right aw-"

Everyone's head turns towards the stairs where a scream just came from.

I rub my hands together mischievously and turn back around waiting for the wrath.    

"SUMMER YOU ABSOLUTE ASS WHOLE!!!!"

"Lily darling whatever did you do to your hair?"

"YOU KNOW BLOODY WELL WHAT YOU DID NOW CHANGE IT BACK!!"

"I'm afraid you'll have to treat me nicely if you wan to see that ginger hair of yours."

"UGH i'll just go ask Severus!!"

"You can try but hun that's not going to work."

She huffs in defeat and sits next to me on the couch, mumbling profanities under her breath.

James and Sirius come down the stairs and Lily immediately jumps up.

"Potter you have to help me!!"

"Wh- why is your hair black who did this!!"

She pointed at me and James comes closer

"Now  Summer what have i told you about pranking Evans?"

"To not do it."

"What have you done?"

"Pranked her."

"So you need to be punished."

I see a gap in the people and yell

"You don't tell me how to live my life!"

And i run hearing him and Lily shouting after me.

"Stick that in your juice box and suck it losers!!"

It's been three hours and i'm still hiding.

In the most unsuspecting room ever.

The library!!

I think the librarian is looking at me so i quickly grab the nearest book to me.

Metamorphmagus.

hmm might as well pass the time, so i find an isolated corner and read.

A couple more hours pass and the library is closing. I horror the book and continue to walk and read.

Because bitch i'm talented.

I walk in a briefly look up to see Lily sat on the couch with red hair. I would join her Marlene is with her and i hate Marlene.

She's just ugh girly.

I shiver at the thought of all that stupid 'foundation' and 'lip gloss'. Of course make up is okay and i don't mind a bit of eyeliner now and then, but the way she just goes on and on about it is tiring. The way she worries about how she looks and 'does this make me look fat?' just drives me up the wall. Who cares if it makes you look fat? Fat isn't a bad thing to look like. She talks constantly about some hot guy in a movie and complains about not having a beach body.

You want a beach body? Put your body on a beach and oh my god look a beach body!

Ugh girls like that are just fist clenchingly annoying. 

Today though it looks like i can avoid all contact. 

Good let's keep it that way, forever.

I invite Charlie up to the dorm so i can talk to him properly.

"We haven't really been able to catch up properly."I explain to him.

"I suppose."

"So how have you been?"

"Okay, yeah your guy friends are nice to me at least."

"What do you mean, at least?"

"Not everyone accepts my sexuality here, especially the green ones."

"Which green ones, tell me and i'll smash them to pieces."

"No no i'm fine, i'm used to being rejected."

"No if they call you anything or do anything you tell someone! Okay?"

After a moments hesitation he nods and we go on Tumblr together because that's life.

The good life.

Lily soon joins us and brags about her hair.

"I had to track down Kelly to get an antidote but i got it and she said to tell you to not do it again or no Christmas cake."

I gasp in horror.

"No cake?"

"You better stop your pranking ways if you want the cake."

"Hmm i know how to make it anyway."

After that i sulk and plan out all the dastardly deeds i could carry out on the annoying carrot that is my best friend.

Charlie leaves and i flop down onto my bed not bothering to pull my curtains around. Lily turns off the light as she gets into bed herself and i fall deeper and deeper into my blissful place that is dream land.    .

I dream of hot chocolate and unicorns, you know, the good things in life.