Chapter 19

Don't stutter Summer!

"T-that's very g-good!" So much for not stuttering!

My identical dog fades away and we fall quiet.

"Now we can take the potion and help Remus!!" They high five and chat but I'm too into my own world to notice.
Mine and Sirius patronus are the same.

I know what that means, he doesn't.

Do I like Sirius?

Yes

Does he like me?

Obviously not, I'm a weirdo.

Am I going to tell him?

HELL TO THE NO.

I'm broken from my trance when James and Sirius start walking over to me. I pull myself together and act normal.

"So when can we take the potion?"

"Uh whenever."

"Can we take it now?"

"Y-yeah okay."

I walk over to the cupboard where I keep it, pour it into three viles and then go and write the enchantment on the board.

Mutatoque formam

"Peter do you want to go first?"

He takes a vile and nervously swallows it, then he conjures his rat and says the words.

At first I think it doesn't work but then he begins to shrink, smaller and smaller until I can't see him in between his clothes.

He scuttles out and squeaks at us.

"Follow me."

I lead him to the bathroom, open the door and put in his clothes.

"To change back just think the same words mutatoque formam, okay."

Closing the door behind him I go back to the others.

"First time when you change back, you're naked. first time only."

James goes next, he does the same as Peter, who is now back in the room.

Antlers start sprouting out of his head and then he starts to fully change.

"Great!" He Prances in to the bathroom and then Sirius grabs the last vile and downs it.

His dog sits in front of me and it reminds me again if our similarities.

Once they're all back to their human selves I start to clear up the viles and remaining potion. They all chat amongst themselves as I do so.

"Summer, come here."

Looking up I realise they're all sitting round a piece of parchment. I sit down and they pass it to me.

"What's this?"

"Say the words ' I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'." Saying the words, more words start to form on the parchment.

'Messrs, are proud to present you the marauders map'

I open it up and it's a map of the entire school, including secret passages and corridors and every one in the castle too.

"Wow."

"We haven't put our names on it yet because we were think of putting nicknames of our animals on it instead."

"Like what?"

"Well now that we know what animals we are we can think of names until we get the perfect one."

"So you, being a stag, could be..."

"Prancer!" Remus says.

"No that sounds weird!"

"Bambi!"

"I'm not a baby deer thank you!"

"Snout Face!"

"Shut up, snuffles!"

"I'm not snuffles!"

"Then I'm not snout face!"

"What about me and Peter!"

"Cheesy!"

"No."

"Moonbeam!"

"No!"

"Moony!"

"Hm that's okay!"

"Okay so moony, who's next?"

I leave them to bicker while I think.

What sounds cool?

Moony, wormtail!!

"Peter can be wormtail!"

"Yes, cool!!"

"Well you're a dog so.."

"Padfoot?"

"Padfoot!"

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot."

"How bout... Prongs!"

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and.."

"And..."

I don't know what they'd call me, im a freak.

"How about just simple lady, that's a popular dog name right?"

"Moony, wormtail, Padfoot, prongs and lady! Sounds cool I'll add it now."

And that's how the marauders came to be.