Chapter 43

Sirius and I are sat in the common room, it's midnight and everyone else is in bed. We're on the sofa in front of the fire, nothing but silence between us. It's a comfortable silence though.

Thankfully.

"You okay?"

"Better now i'm with you." 

"What was wrong earlier, and don't say nothing."

"It's stupid.."

"What is it?"

"You'll tell me to grow up."

"Promise I won't."

"It's just, you've had great summers and  i spent mine getting hi- ignored."

"Getting what?"

"Ignored."

I sit forward and he avoids eye contact.

"Getting what Sirius?"

"It's nothing."

"Oh really, well if it's nothing then you won't mind me asking you to take your shirt off."

"I-"

"Sirius please just tell me. Don't  you trust me?"

He sighs and turns his back to me, continuing to take off his shirt to reveal a few bruises here and there and i gash down his lower back.

"Stay here."

Quickly and quietly  i run up to my case where i keep all my potions.

Grabbing the one i need i rush back down to  where Sirius is waiting for me and say quietly

"This will be a bit cold at first but you'll get used to it."

As gently as i can i rub the potion into the bruises and cuts and wince when he flinches away from it.

"Shh relax bub."

Rubbing it on and handing his shirt back, i put the potion in his pocket fro future needs and we go back to cuddling on the couch.

"I'm going to look after you okay?"

"But i want to look after you."

"We'll look after each other okay?"

"Okay."

We fall asleep shortly afterwards, wrapped up next to each other like always.

"This is a very important year for all of, this is the year of your OWLs and in a way, the beginning on adulthood. There will be no messing around this year, as if you fail these tests, you'll find it remarkably harder to find a job to make a living. Am i clear?"

Murmurs of agreement sound through the room and Professor McGonagall starts to tell us in more detail the events of the year. Out of the corner of my eye i see a blonde girl making googly eyes at Sirius.

hmm she can keep dreaming.

Sirius is next to me in the class now, with Xeophilius on my other side. James, Peter and Remus are in front of us and Lily is beside Marlene behind me.

Ugh i don't like Marlene.

Minerva continues her babble and me and Sirius start a drawing competition on a spare piece of parchment. He's a good drawer if i'm honest, much better than me and his cartoons make me laugh,

We are such dorks.

I love it that way.

The rest of the day it's pretty much the same thing, how important OWLs are and which subject can get you what job. I myself think an  Auror sounds like an amazing job, fighting crime.

That makes it sound like some muggle ninja movie.  

But it would feel good to save lives, to prove to people i'm a good person.

Well mostly.

Potions we're mixed up again and i'm sat next to a very familiar face.

Why is he so familiar?

Brown hair and brown eyes, dimple and as straight as hot spaghetti.

It's Only Charlie Wilson.

"Charlie!"

"Gurl It took you three minutes to recognize my beautiful face!"

"Oh my god!! Why are you here?"

"Because apparently being gay isn't accepted in a boys school."

"Fuck that!"

"That's what i said!"

"My charlie warlie is back!"

"How many times have i told you not to call me that summer wummer."

"Too many."

"So who's the hunky beast staring daggers into my back?"

Sirius is indeed glaring daggers, but i quickly reassure him with a text. 

"Is he single."

"No he's my boyfriend."

"Gurl you know how to score all the hot ones!"

I can't believe it, charlie bear is here!!

He was my best friend in America, we would be the ones to blame when something went wrong.

We were awesome.

And i will be again.

"Charlie i want you to meet my homies."

"Sure but first i'm going to eat see you later."

"bye."

I walk up to the boys dormitory hoping to find Sirius there.

But Sirius wasn't the only one i found up there.