Chapter 73

It's my birthday!!

I am a legal citizen!!

Well, i do illegally own a dragon but no one needs to know of that.

Lily must have already gone to breakfast so i throw on my jeans, school shirt and tie and head down to greet them.

Plopping down next to Lily i'm about to say that i'm legal now when i see the sad look in her eyes.

"What's wrong?"

She silently hands me a letter.

Dearest Lily,

Great news! Petunia and Vernon are engaged! Isn't that exciting? We have a date set for Easter sometime, so you can take some time of school to attend.

See you soon Darling,

Mum x

She flips the letter over before i can utter a word.

There's no way i'd let  you attend my wedding, count yourself uninvited, Freak

-P

I grip the letter tightly in my fist.

What a bitch.

"Ignore her Lily, she's just jealous you'll out beauty her at her own wedding."

She hums in reply.

"You're not a freak Lily, you never were and you never will be."

"I guess."

"She's jealous. She's ordinary and you're special."

She looks at me with  even more sadness than before.

"That's exactly what he said. And now look where we are."

She runs off before i can even process what she said.

He?

Who's he?

And now lo-Severus.

Oh shit. Forgetting all about breakfast i rush after her, looking into her mind to figure out where she is.

Running towards the girls bathrooms.

Running off in that direction, i don't even care that i run into tones of people.

Stopping outside the doors, i catch my breath before entering.

"Lily?"

Nothing.

Did i get the right bathroom?

I'm about to walk out when i hear a sniffle.

Definitely the right bathroom.

"Lily? It's just me!"

"Why am i crying? I'm not even that sad about the wedding."

"Then stop."

"I can't! It's just when you said those words. It reminded me of when Petunia first called me a freak, and Severus came out from under a tree. He told me i was a witch."

She stops sniffling and i can hear her shuffle on the floor of the cubicle.

"He said those exact words 'she's ordinary and you're special' He made me feel like i wasn't a freak. He said it so generally and when you said it it reminded me of after the test."

I hear the lock twist and she opens the door, but doesn't move from her spot.

"He told me that being a muggle born didn't matter to anyone in the wizarding world. He was obviously wrong."