Chapter 12

I had my ice cream tub in one hand, my phone in the other. My hair sat in a messy bun on my head. I had on my favourite baggy jumper with an owl on it and some black leggings.

Scooping some more ice cream onto my spoon and into my mouth, I carry on writing down what I'll need for the potion. The animagus potion. They have to master the patronus charm first but the potion will take a while to make.
Sirius walks in and sits beside me.

He seems tense.

Hmm, I wonder why?

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Definitely something wrong

"Yeah right and pigs fly, what's up?"

He mumbles something I can't understand.

"Do you wanna say that again, properly this time please." He sighs

"My mother sent me a howler because my brother told her that I pranked him and his friends."

Then he makes his voice high pitched.

"WHY ARENT YOU MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER, HES A MUCH BETTER CHILD!!!"

"I wish they weren't my family, I mean how do you stand your family? they're like mine aren't they?"

"My parents were."

"Were?"

"They're six feet under."

"Oh. What about siblings?"

"Twin brother and younger sister. Also six feet under. I actually don't have any family left."

"Oh, merlin." he puts his face in his hands.

I smile sadly as he looks back at me.

"Now I feel bad."

"Why?"

"All those times I've complained about my family, my brother in particular, and I never knew yours were..."

"I admit, you really annoyed me when you talked about him. I'm over it."

I shrugged but he looked at me in a way.

"I know you're not over it."

I sigh, of course he knows. He reads me like a book.

"have you cried about it?"

"I cried for two weeks straight when I found out, I still cry sometimes, but in the middle of the night. In the middle of the forest so now one knows."

"Well if you ever need a shoulder to cry on."

I laugh as he taps on his shoulder.

"Can I have a hug?"

Smiling he says "Of course."

Sirius Black, best hugger ; confirmed.

Me and Sirius have been closer since then, we hang out more and we talk about anything and everything. Its great talking to someone who understands family issues. I would never tell him to what extent mine went to though.
Currently I'm on my way to see Dumble , I'm in desperate need of a piano. I haven't played since last year. I miss it so much.

I knock on the big wooden door and wait for a reply.

"Enter."

Pushing open the door, I see him sat behind his desk with his usual twinkly eyes.

"Summer, what a pleasant surprise, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Do you by any chance know if there's a piano in the school?"

"There isn't but I know somewhere you could find one."

"Lead the way."

Room of requirements. This could be useful in the future. You have to walk past the wall on the seventh floor three times while thinking of the room you need.

Simple.

Closing the door and looking around, I immediately spot the glamorous and sleek, black grand piano in the middle of the room. Sitting on a platform, I yearn to run my fingers along the black and white keys, to fill the room with sweet melodies.

My fingers press against the smooth keys and a high note rings through the room and myself.

( A/N I know that none of these songs would have been out in that time but let's pretend they were )

I start to play and old favourite of mine, Skinny Love by Birdy.

Despite what I'm told, I don't think I'm good at singing. So I don't, because it ruins the sound of the piano.The sun sets over the lake, the Rays of light bouncing of the shiny black piano as I continue with the song.

A couple of hours pass, and I decide to head back to my bed. I needed that. If there's one thing that will relax me, its a piano.

The common room is lit by a dying fire, and it mesmerises me for a second.
Fire is truly beautiful, but dangerous. A beautiful monster.

I jump out of my skin when someone clears their throat behind me.

"Merlin, Sirius you scared me!"

"Sorry, but James wanted to speak to you and I've been send down to wait for you since he's lazy."

"You should have sent Kelly to get me, instead of you waiting silly."

Walking up to the boys dormitory, I'm surprised how clean it is. Its probably because Remus is a neat freak.

"Who sleeps in the other bed?"

"No one, they asked to be moved at Christmas first year because we played pranks on him all the time."

I snort and decide to make myself comfy there.

"Well, what did you need?"

"I wanted to know when we're beginning our transformations and how it works?"

"Well I have everything ready, I'm just waiting for you to come and ask me. As for how it works, you'll have to find out when we start."

"Where will we practice."

Where will we practice? I don't kno- The room of requirement!! Perfect

"Don't worry I've got a place ready"

"Okay then that's all!"

My phone starts ringing in my butt pocket.

Lily.

"Hey bitch."

"Hi asstown, where are you?"

"I'm coming now, don't worry."

"I got Netflix on my laptop and I've got chocolate."

"SEE YOU IN THREE!!"

I lock my phone and jump up.

"Excuse me boys but I've got a date night with Netflix!"

I run outa there like a bat out of hell, thinking about those funny muggle shows I like about the sponge and the starfish.