Chapter 48

Lily is sleep talking again. She only does it though when she goes to bed after drinking coffee. Right now it's about three in the morning and i'm sat reading a book on potions.

She starts to mumble and is top reading to listen.

"Fire, wild lake, scared."

She must be having a bad dream.

"Summer."

At first i think she's awake but shes's still asleep when i look over at her.

I get out of bed to put the book on the shelf before climbing into my bed to sleep.

After some more mumbling about Dumbledore and may she quietens down and i'm left to ponder about it.

I'm becoming ever more aware of the sun shining directly on my pillow and disturbing me from my peaceful slumber.

I turn over and start to doze off until my phone alarm bellows in my ear,obnoxiously loud.

I smack my hand on my bedside table until i feel my phone, then i slide my finger across to stop it.

All is quiet.

Too quiet.

Yawning and sitting up, i pull my curtains aside and remove my legs from under the covers.

I shiver as the cold air hits my bare skin.

Grabbing my Jake the dog hoody i stick my head around the bathroom door to see if she's in there but it's empty.

It's only six in the morning Lily isn't usually awake yet.

I make my way down to the common room to see it also empty and that the fire is out.

After checking the boys room only to find it empty and tidy i make my way out of the common room.

Walking through the dimly lit corridors alone when it's dark isn't a good feeling and i constantly feel like i'm being watched.

Covering my hands with my sleeves i continue to look around class rooms for anyone, anyone at all.

Where is everyone, they can't be at a quidditch game this early.

The only place left to check is the great hall, who knows maybe Albus called for a meeting and i was asleep.

Leaning against the door what i see horrifies me and confuses me at the same time.

The beautiful hall is in pieces, the walls all black and half the roof missing. All around people are crying and leaning over people on the floor.

What?

The big window at the far end of the hall is smashed in the shape of a person as if someone jumped out of it.

The four house tables are gone and in there places are pieces of ruble and stone.

An old man is sweeping up rocks with his broom and i can see Hagrid talking to someone.

Professor McGoangall, covered in blood and her hair a mess, is coming my way.

But she doesn't seem to be stopping, i'm about to tell her to stop when she walks right through me.

What in the name?

I walk backwards and almost trip on something behind me. Turning around i see a young women with purple hair lying on a stretcher and i think , i think she's dead.

Looking over at the figure next to her i cover my mouth to try stop the strangled cry that escapes.

Remus.

His hand just centimeters away from the woman's.

I continue to cry as i look around and see a group of red heads. I recognize Molly Prewett.  They're all crowding around a boy who i can only presume is dead.

I look around for the door and run for it, tripping over things and crying.

Pushing against the door i run out blindly, looking around to see that the rest of the castle is like the great hall. Ruined.

I run out to the front courtyard and look back up at the castle.

What was once a magnificent castle is now alight with fire and crumbling to the ground. The tallest towers now only a pile of stone.

Looking around i see three people on the bridge and i start to run over to them for help.

I wasn't looking where i was going and i trip over a lump on the ground.

Looking back i see a person wrapped in a black cloak. I shuffle closer and i see that it's.... me.

She's -i'm - still but alive i hope. Standing up she - i - open my eyes and instead of seeing blue i see black.

There's a horrible smirk on her - my - face and it says in a chilling unlike me voice the words i never want to hear in my life.

"You did this, you're the monster."

I jolt awake, my head soaked with sweat and i'm shaking.

Lily is next to me looking frightened. 

"You were screaming in your sleep are you okay?"

I gulp and shake my head stumbling up from my bed.

"I have to see Dumbledore."

"What? Why?"

"Just i have to."

I clumsily make my way there without looking back at Lily.

I'm weak from the shock i think and i find it hard to climb all the stairs.

My breathing is heavy by the time i arrive and i force the gargoyle to let me in.

"Summer?"

"Please sir you have to, you have to wipe my memory from this night."

"What why? I can't do that."

I'm crying again and getting flash backs from the dream.

"Please i won't be able to sleep again if you don't get rid of it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

He points his wand at me and the last words i hear before it all goes black is 'Obliviate'