2.

he only knew what power was. nothing note. nothing less.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

seven months later...

(present)

I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

I'm finally leaving this toxic place just to go into another...toxic place.

It's the fact that I have to be standing by his side at his inauguration ceremony. Since his father is dead...his uncle would be doing all the stuff that needed to be done.

It would take a complete full day and he'd be the mafia leader by midnight or early morning.

I know that he has to go through all these tests and skills every mafia leader trains for. I've been training since I was five.

The main things are to be able to control your emotions, be able to kill even if it's a loved one, learn business, cartels plus drugs, and money.

You're basically committed and have this life long duty. It's all about power.

I think that's why I've learned to only care for about five people my entire life?

I'm also going to finally pick my right hand man. My father won't be close to happy with my choice but I trust this person to tell me things when I'm living in a different surrounding.

Mattia and some others were coming today just to talk to the person I'm going to pick.

I turn sixteen in two days and it's like time has been going so slow but now it's deciding to speed up.

And I'm afraid that one day out of no where I'm going to wake up to be eighteen officially married to a man who will not care for me.

I sit in the meeting room. I actually can sit in the middle seat looking at everyone.

Mattia sits to my left and I try not focusing too much on how good he looks.

He doesn't speak much. And I know he hates noise. But I barely know him.

Sometimes I think that we could get to know each other but then I feel like we won't. We will just be living in our own rooms. I'll probably be listening to how he is having intercourse with other women.

I heard he was a womanizer and Marianna said he used to have prostitutes plus love going to the club.

So it won't really be fun I imagine. But I don't expect any less from a mafia member. All the men are the same expect some who actually have respect. Or are genuine. Sadly I might not get any one of those men.

My father sits to the right of me and I just wait till they of the men stop speaking. I think they notice and finally stay quiet.

"In a week I'll be gone. I turn sixteen in less then forty eight hours and am able to finally pick my right hand man. I trust that this person will always do right by me the way they have always done since I was a kid." I smile.

"I respect him so much and he's always been there. Although it's the most ideal thing to pick someone who you're close to. I can trust them. With everything. So Antonio Frances will be my right hand man."

It was the smartest choice. He's now eighteen and can make most decisions himself. Even if he's older then me he's always treated me as his equal. We're cousins and I don't think I would've given the position to anyone else. My father told me to pick someone more foreign or his advisors but I couldn't do that. His advisors...are his advisors. They would snake me. Or probably just kill me.

"What." I hear my father speak.

I look over at him and he knows this is the one thing he can't do anything about. You can't really intrude a choice unless there's some paper or contract saying otherwise.

And in this case...

There's not.

Antonio smiles knowing I've already spoke to him about this decision.

"I guess we're done." I stand up knowing better then to speak any further with a fuming farther right next to me.

He leaves almost immediately and Antonio starts to speak with Luca's men.

So it's just me and Luca standing in front of each other.

"You went against your father." He breaks the silence.

"I didn't. It's my choice."

"That was probably the stupidest choice."

What?

"Excuse me."

"Your excused." He smirks.

Not a giddy smirk where he's teasing. He's serious and trying to intimidate me.

He kneels down to my height and his face is now relaxed.

I feel my breathing hitch a little as he brings his lips against my neck.

In public...

"We'll have this conversation somewhere more private right amor." He whispers before staring right into my soul.

It's not even a question. It's a statement.

He looks back and does this eye thing to his cousin I think.

He eyes me up and down making it a operant for everyone as he takes my body. He just grins and shakes his head before walking out.

Please tell me he's joking.