28.

author note: very lengthy.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

"Have you laid with another man throughout your engagement with Luca?" The women asks.

"No." I say truthfully. Cant lie. In a church. With these high ranking women. And they have to ask em all these questions I don't want to answer.

"Have you been perused by another man?"

I stay quiet.

Carlos.

"Yes." I Admit and it's just quiet.

"Did he touch you?"

"No, it was just kissing encounters nothing more." I breathe and I feel like breaking down just the thought of him. It still hurts of course and I hate being reminded of him.

𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I know she just finished going through those stupid questions with the women and I just hope she didn't lie.

Why am I nervous. Just put a ring on her finger and kiss her? I'm not doing some stupid bows as they said. I have nothing good to say about her.

I'm fucking sweating all for an arranged alliance marriage shit?

Too many people. Way too many damn people. Outside too?

"At least smile." Da Vinci whispers and I roll my eyes.

When I turn to the gasps I think I lose my breathe as well.

The dress isn't those huge ball gown dresses but it did have some extra fabric on the bottom. It has sparkling designs on the bottom and her sleeves were sparkly as well. The top part was fucking lace and holy fuck.

She looks beyond nervous and awkward but she looks beautiful.

I'm getting married?

My mom better be more then happy. I suggested a small church with like five people. But nope. The tradition is fucking crazy and I hate how there are hundreds in the damn crowd.

Can she walk faster?

I notice how her hair is straightened and down. The front parts are slicked back behind her ear and of course she has to wear the veil.

She finally stands in front of me and I smile a little

Her cheeks are completely red and today's been a long day for her.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

He looks so good and clean and smells so good. And my heart is racing. Too many eyes and I think I've went into autopilot.

The priest starts talking and I just focus on the floor because I'm melting right next to him.

"Vows."

No. No I have nothing to say to him. Just put a ring on my finger. I think Luca is taken way back...we knew this and aren't prepared.

Da Vinci pushes Luca so he steps in front of me and he rolls his eyes.

"I never really asked to get engaged at the age eleven...but. My father did it for the future of this mafia. The first time I met you. You were only fifteen and I didn't want to go through with it. You moved in when you turned sixteen and I've sadly spent the last two years with you.." the crowd laughs but he isn't laughing. The forced messages in his tone is cute but he has to say something.

"You're irritating and annoying. But my father was in love with my mother regardless of her...toxic ness. And I hope I'd be able to do the same for you even if I still hate you."