11.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

2 weeks later...

"I want to see my own family Luca is that so bad?" I ask as everyone has left the meeting room.

He sits in his seat in the very middle as I sit on his left.

Ever since that night we've went back to normal. I had my breakdown with Da Vinci and threw up so much.

Then to hear from so men that Luca went to a hotel with that same girl I don't even know the name too.

She's just a beautiful tall gorgeous redhead. Who doesn't seem to be Italian but she's Russian. I wonder what her story even is and why Luca is completely obsessed with her.

I'm not even jealous I'm irritated that he can't even take the time out of the day to ask how I am.

"You want to see your father then?" He asks.

"No. But it's much better then being here." I finally admit and he's taken back.

"Then say it." He threatens.

"I am not your bitch Luca. And I know you are waiting for me to break. Waiting for me to try calling off this stupid engagement. But I put my fucking hand on a bible and swore to be by your side and always pick you. " I speak.

"No matter the wrong choices you smell, no matter how many innocent you hurt I had to basically give away my dignity for you. And you looked at me that day and said yes to have me by your side all the time. But really I'm just another one of your mafia members." I smile looking at him and his eyes focus into mine.

"And I wish that you would for once do the same." I laugh because if I don't I'll cry.

For the first time he doesn't speak. Even if it feels like I've won this round...I really haven't. But I'm always losing.

I stand up and walk out of the room leaving him there alone. In an empty large meeting room that's dimmed with light. Dark brown floors and wood.

I feel like he will always be like this. Some people say that there is change but there's not with him.

This is how he is and I believe he will always be lonely if he keeps up this shield. A barrier I'm not even able to bring down even after it's been almost a year living with him.

And it sucks.

4 days later...

I knock on Luca's door knowing that there's a girl inside but he's going to be late to this meeting for the cartels.

When I open the door he's ready and I can see a girl in his bed but not the redhead.

"Going to be late." I whisper and he nods without saying a thing.

He will sleep with any women he wants and I just have to do what I'm told.

I feel disgusted near him.

I put my hand out for him and his large hand moves into mine as he fixes his tie a little with his other hand.

I look away as he looks at me.

𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

"So get the shipment in by tomorrow." I state looking at the cartel men I work with.

"We can't. The Americans ordered the largest amount and it will take long before we get in new shipments. We can bring in the shipments at the harbor by next Saturday." Daniel says getting irritated with me. I wouldn't say were friends but he's been one of my partners for awhile.

"Why do these fucking Americans need that big of a shipment?"

"We don't know but it'll bring in a lot of money for us." He says and I just chuckle trying to keep my composure.

"I will double the price of there shipment then." I state. I'm running out and these bitches have been delaying.

"No...that's what they want you to do." I hear Odina finally speak. She hasn't spoken throughout this whole almost two hours. Even in the limo. She's been quiet and she's angry with me. But she's keeping herself in tact.

I don't know how long this meeting will take.

She doesn't speak to me at all anymore. Just when needed.

"Let them get their cartels. They want to see if Luca will do something reckless out of anger. They're testing you. And if they see if you break easily you'd have a weakness. " she goes on looking at me.

"It would be better to become a private cartel just to him." She suggests.

"What." I breathe. I never do close business like that.

"It would make your mafia bigger and endless supply of what you need." She suggests and it's not the worst idea but it's not something I'd just go with...

"After you supply the American mafia give it some time before coming back to us. But it's just an idea." She finishes her statement still staring at me.

She looks like she wants to murder me. Her eyes are dark and I know she wants to let all her emotions at me but I won't have that.

I look at Daniel and some of his men.

"It could work but there's always a price with you." That's true.

"There won't be a price.." Odina interrupts.

"Just schedule a meeting day with your men and the higher ranking business men who give you the cartels to join us. You guys have one of the largest cartels and I think it would benefit both the Italian mafia and you." She speaks.

At least she knows how to make a good argument and her tone is clear.

"What? You let a girl make your choices now Dante." Daniel teases and I roll my eyes. She's smart yes but I just don't need her speaking my up too much to the point I get caught up.

She's doing this because it'll help her mafia later on.

"You can think about it. Call me when you have a choice. If it's to make your ownership private or to trade with others." I stand up and he just nods.

Odina stands up and I try to take her hand but she's smoothe about it and doesn't let me.

She walks out of the door as I follow her.

What the fuck.

We get into the limo and that's when I break silence.

"Good job." I whisper and she looks up at me.

"It was smart. Even if it could cause problems in the future...it was s good game plan." I acknowledge her and she gives me a forced smile before looking back down.

Her eyes focus on the engagement ring that was simple on her finger. I have to wear the same one.

"I don't want there to be this tension between us. I won't give you a stupid speech but I'm sorry. The next time you see your family will be during the time of the wedding. " I state and she doesn't look up at me.

"It's fine." She whispers crossing her legs.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into.