30.

authors note: the girls are fighting ahah

May 30,2016

Today my father died.

And I found out in the middle of the night. Now we're on the flight back to Puerto Rico and I don't really know how to feel.

Antonio doesn't have his parents since they were burned at an invasion when he was only twelve. I think we both lost our parents in the same year. I was ten losing my mom and he was twelve losing his parents but he lost them before me.

Marianna's parents are both alive and they've always been amazing. I know my dad wasn't really close to his siblings but...I think msriannas dad would still be hurting.

I feel it. I think I'm more angry. At him. Or at myself.

Now I'm left with no family. Other then a couple people. And they aren't really imitate family. I always wanted at least a sister. Or brother that would be easier.

We won't land till next morning but very early.

next day...

𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I pick up the picture frame of Odina's father with her mom. Her mom was killed brutally. But I don't know the full story yet. But I know more then enough.

But it would break her.

When the fuck did I care for her?

Her father looks nothing like her. She only shared her mother's hair. Everything else...she's not that mans daughter she never was.

And that explains more then enough. Maybe I'll tell her when the times right.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I didn't even go to the funeral. I couldn't. I would break down. But now I'm here. Standing next to his grave.

Completely...I don't know. They buried him next to my mother. But he doesn't deserve her. He never did.

"Maybe if you were better dad you would've had better date." I laugh sitting down on the grass looking at the name.

"If I'm being honest I'm happy you're gone. But I still wish I had a father figure especially after you took my own mother in front of my eyes. I hate you. All you did was cause pain physically and mentally. Yet you're dead now and still have a toll on me." I laugh as tears fall.

"You're a lie. And nothing more. So I truly hope you rot in hell. Because you were never a father. If you were you would've at least tried to be there." I stand up as I feel the need to take the stone and break it into pieces.

I know I shouldn't disrespect the dead like this but.

I know all his inheritance goes to me. Everything. But that also means his debts or enemies.

I dive back home and make my way isolators to his office as so many have already been cleaned out.

I sit at his desk which is now basically mine.

I can't help but start opening his drawers. He was always writing letters. And I'm nosy.

But there's nothing.

I stand up and look behind me to see the stack of books. Under are more files. I wonder if he still had my mothers file.

I end up finding it and sit back down opening it. Of course the report is that they never found the murder.

My eyebrows furrow at a a piece of paper. I pull it out and it's not even fully finished.

It's in his writing and the date.

April 9th, 2008

I start reading. It's to my uncle... Medici. Antonio's father. What?

'You're a lie Medici. You're three years younger then me and still had it in you to fuck my own wife I loved. As if me not having a different father wasn't enough you in pregnant her. You have a wife. But the truth is you've always been in love with mine. Luna was the women you wanted. The entire time... Odina looks exactly like you. And your bastard son acts as if she's the queen of the world. But it's because there's a bond between fathers...the whole Ariette family is a fraud. And for the first time I never thought I'd be backstabbed by my own blood like this. But don't worry because I will let you on in a secret on how both the loves of our lives will—-'

Then it ends. Luna is my mother. And she.

No.

My father never sent the letter because Antonio's parents died the same day...in that first.

I know my parents fought but my mom was fond of my dad even though he was harsh. He was better with her. I saw it.

But putting everything makes sense on why he never liked me. And I—

Antonio.

No.

There's a knock before Luca walks in and he just stares at me.

"He isn't my father." I breathe.

But when I stare at Luca it's almost like he knew?