ELEVEN

Remus and Sirius somehow fall into habits. They fall into a routine of constantly discussing their child; and their child only as Remus is very adamant on not fully accepting Sirius' apology yet. And Sirius is not ready to entirely own up to his long standing crush on Remus, so they stoop. They sit in the awkward, unfilled, silences after they've finished talking about their daughter.

Their daughter is all that Sirius can bring Remus to talk about with him. And he hates that.

They lay side by side on Sirius' bed as Peter scribbles away on some parchment and James is out at quidditch practice. Sirius longs to intertwine their fingers. But he can't. He steals a glance at Remus, taking in his angelic side profile. One of his small, dainty hands are resting on his belly, the other hand laid by his side.

Sirius watches as Remus' fingertips seem to dance, elegently, against his covered abdomen. Sirius could really see an outline of a baby bump beginning to form, Remus' belly was significantly curving outwards; protruding. And Sirius loved it. His soul itched to feel it, feel his baby girl underneath the skin of Remus.

"Stop staring at me," Remus murmurs accusingly, dragging Sirius from his thoughts.

"I wasn't staring," Sirius scoffs. He looks away from the mousy haired boy. "What were you saying, anyways?"

Remus rolls his eyes. "I was saying that Pomfrey wanted to do another ultrasound at my next appointment. I was asking you would you be up to maybe come with me?" Remus seems hesitant. It's one of the first times he's openly wanted to spend some time with Sirius since the prank incident.

Sirius nods, eagerly. "You mean I can? Like, you want me to, yeah?"

Remus turns his head to look at him. Both hands are now settled on his abdomen. "I wouldn't have asked if I hadn't spent the last week over thinking asking you," Or what it meant to ask you.

Peter smirks from his bed. "Why don't we all go? I'd love a look at her,"

Since finding out about the baby, Peter has shown a complete and utter fascination with the baby girl that resided inside of Remus. He constantly asked Remus questions, always helped Remus, offered him extra dinner helpings if he should need them. Remus smiles as he thinks of the Wednesday before when Peter had done his Herbology homework simply because Remus was too exhausted to.

Sirius laughs. "She's my baby. If it's my first time getting to see her, then you and James can see her my second time getting to see her, isn't that right, kid?"

Remus chuckles softly. "You're very possessive, you know that right?" He turns to Sirius.

"Extremely. Dogs are territorial, y'know,"

There's a silence before three barks of laughter. A shaggy haired James enters the room.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" He inquires, soaked to the bone and clad in quidditch gear. "What's all the laughter about, eh?"

"Padfoot has become a bit too much the doting dad, hasn't he, Moony?" Peter laughs.

Remus grins. "Maybe just a little bit," He gently taps his fingers against his stomach. It feels good to laugh with his friends once more, as if he isn't pregnant and as if he isn't still rather upset with Sirius.

"Just a smidge," James agrees with a chuckle as he passes by Sirius' bed, letting his hand drop to Remus' head to ruffle the pregnant lad's hair. It's filled with fondness and affection. Remus smiles at the gesture, feeling grateful that the tension had dissolved and melted away.