ONE

Remus felt like he couldn't breath. His throat was practically closing up on him, the room of the shrieking shack swallowing him whole. He had little to no memory other than James entering the room during his transformation, uttering embarrassed words of what he'd just had to prevent, a warning of what he'd just avoided happening. All because of Sirius.

Sirius, his best friend. Somebody he confided in, someone he thought he trusted. He thought he could trust. His heart physically ached at the thought of the prank Sirius had just tried to pull off.

He felt sick to his stomach. How could Sirius, somebody he loved with every inch of his heart, betray him like this? Remus slowly rose to his feet, stumbling slightly. He could feel a fresh wound lingering with a stinging sensation on his lower back. He curses underneath his breath as he makes his way back to the school building. James had left moments before, it felt like longer, already made his way back to the school. Probably to condem Sirius or even threaten Snape against ever speaking of this 'incident' to anyone.

Once he arrives at the Gryffindor common room, he braces himself. Sighing, Remus enters. He sees three petrified faces looking upon him immediately.

"Remus-" Peter begins but Remus cuts the quivering teen off.

"I'm going to bed," He announces unamusedly. His heart is hardened by the second. Remus is fighting against his tears, he knows he must look a mess. His hair, disheveled and messy, soaked from the wet and overall grime of the shrieking shack.

James opens his mouth to speak but then promptly closes it. He knows better than to speak now. For once, James Potter has been silenced.

"Kid, c'mon-" Sirius starts once Remus is halfway across the common room. But Remus turns around, seeing everything in a vicious red.

"Just leave me alone, Sirius! Just fuck off and leave me alone," Remus whispers the last part. "For once in your goddamn life, leave people alone!" He snaps, years barely at bay.

It comes as a shock to the raven haired boy. Remus never wants to be without him. He always has time for Sirius. He's almost always sick of everything accept for the shaggy haired boy. And right now, Remus hates that.

"Remus, I-I didn't know it would go that far. You have to believe me! I'm your friend, Moony, I-"

"Would a friend do that?" Remus whispers. "Would a friend attempt to do that? Would a friend put me in that position where I almost harmed somebody because said friend simply didn't like them? Snape has had his suspicions about me and fuck you for confirming them. Go to fucking hell, Sirius. You don't get to put me in such an uncomfortable position and use me and my condition like a fucking weapon for a stupid prank. Goodnight everyone, I'm tired and I'm going to sleep," Remus spits.

He leaves for their shared room and tucks himself in, nursing his aching body. He cries. Cries like he's never cried before, cries like there aren't going to be any more tears left. Everything hurts.

He'd had sex with Sirius. He loves Sirius. But the other teen only saw him as some sort of weapon of mass destruction that he could use to hurt Severus Snape and that is what killed Remus the most.

Two weeks later and the two still aren't on speaking terms and are nowhere near patching them selves up. Leavonh James Potter and Peter Pettigrew sick of being the operators of peace. So much so, that James finds himself venting to Lily.

"It's like Remus is just isolating himself away, Lils. Its awful. I hate seeing them like this, Pete does too," James runs a hand through his unruly hair as he complains to his new girlfriend. "We never meant Snape any harm, I don't know why Padfoot would put either Snape or Moony in a situation where either could be hurt. Its nor fair and Remus won't hear his apology out-"