THIRTY SIX

Sirius cracks his eyes open. The room is dark and stuffy as he drags his curtains open. "M'coming, Otto, hold your horses, love," He mumbles quietly as he navigates his way over to his wailing daughter. Casting a quick Lumos Sirius finds Elliot laying on her back with furious tears welling in her eyes.

"Oh, c'mere my little otter. What's got you so upset, sweetheart? It's three in the bloody morning," Sirius coos at her. He gently reaches in to the crib, raising Elliot up from her softened little mattress.

No amount of cuddling or shushing her seems to benefit Elliot as she continues to wail loudly. "Hush now, baby girl, you're gonna wake your mumma, or worse; your uncle Wormtail," Sirius whispers as he cradles Elliot close to him.

Elliot's cries only grow louder and Sirius fears a very irritated and tired Peter may be in his cards for the future. Sirius sighs, patting Elliot's small back in attempt to soothe her.

Sirius has just had enough as he's heading out the dormitory door with Elliot in tow, hoping a little stroll around the castle under James' ever useful invisibility cloak may do the trick when he hears a mumble from inside of his curtains.

"She's probably hungry, love," Remus mutters, his voice tick with tiredness. Sirius looks towards his bed to find Remus already trying to sit up, his eyes still half lidded with sleep.

Sirius slowly walks back towards his bed, gently lowering himself onto it and pulling the curtains closed around them, he casts a silencing charm, in hopes this will keep Elliot's volume of tears from interrupting Peter or James.

"Sorry, I was trying to get her to hush a bit. Didn't mean to wake you," Sirius apologizes softly.

Remus shakes his head. "It's fine, you didn't wake me. I've been drifting in and out of sleep for a bit," He tugs off his woolen pyjamas shirt before he takes Elliot from Sirius.

Sirius is impressed with Remus' progress, so very impressed as he watches Remus hold Elliot close to him; her little lips latching on to his swelled nipple instantly. Although he may be suffering, Remus seems to be so in tune with Elliot, so aware of her needs. So much so that it makes Sirius' heart swell with pride.

Elliot makes small noises as she drinks. Sirius smiles, endeared. He lays back down, looking up at Remus, who's sitting crossed leg with Elliot cradled close to him. "Oh?" He asks. "Something keeping you from sleeping?"

Remus shrugs. "I just keep thinking of Lyall's kids, I guess," He frowns slightly.

Sirius arches an eyebrow. "You're Lyall's kid too, Remus," He says gently, not wanting to provoke any unwanted feelings for his boyfriend. "Do you think you'd like to meet those kids again?" He questions.

"Sometimes I wish I weren't Lyall's kid," Remus sighs, adjusting Elliot's head slightly. "Lyall's other kids are so poised and polite and," He pauses to wrinkle his nose. "Blond,"

"So? You're plenty of those things, you're polite and kind and funny and you look pretty good right now taking care of my daughter," Sirius teases.

Remus half grins. "Can you please think with anything other than your dick for five seconds? I'm trying to feed your squealing daughter, tosser!" Remus smirks.

Sirius laughs softly, combing his fingers through his dark locks. "I'm just letting you know how gorgeous you are, silly prat," Sirius chuckles. "Anyways, I'm sure those kids think the sun shines out of your arse. I mean, think of how cool it must've been for them; handsome, estranged older brother shows up and he's gay? And he has a baby? Sounds like a good time to me, love,"