NINETEEN

"I'm sorry, you want me to what?"

"Kid! You heard the question, dammit,"

Remus shakes his head before fixating his gaze on the raven haired boy. "Yeah, I did. I'm just giving you a chance to reword it! Take the fucking chance, Sirius," He clicks his tongue. "Let me just know if you've completely lost your mind, huh? Be honest?"

Sirius sighs. "I just think a conversation with your mother wouldn't be a bad thing...she's your mum, you love her, she loves you. Don't shut her out on the changes going on. Think about how she'll feel when she finds out you've kept it from her for so long. You can't exactly just show up home someday with a baby!"

Remus sucks in a breath of air. "You're right, I know you're right. But that doesn't make it any easier, does it?"

Sirius shakes his head, glancing into those big amber eyes. "No, of course it doesn't," He says softly, bringing a hand to tousle Remus' hair against the pillowcase of Remus' bed. "But she's your mother, she's going to understand and love you no matter what," He just hopes she can also love him no matter what he's put her son through.

"She's going to be so fucking pissed off," Remus says as he rolls around, not wanting to look at Sirius right as of now.

Which Sirius finds hard to believe, Hope Howell was timid, soft, unlikely to be angry with Remus ever. No matter the situation.

"But she'll support you no matter what, you know that, mama," Sirius brings a hand to Remus' stomach. "And she's going to love her granddaughter, so much," He adds as his fingertips brush against the softened skin.

Remus nods. "I suppose so," He sighs. He rests his hand over Sirius'. "Maybe she could look after Elliot while we finish out school, just for a little while at least. She's due May first, we're out of here the end of May," Remus ponders. "If mum is willing to take care of Elliot, of course,"

Sirius grins. "See, now there's my clever lad. Just be positive, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. You try be positive when you're the size of a house," Remus chuckles, rolling his eyes.

Sirius laughs, his fingers gently rubbing Remus' hips. "Hey, shut up. You look gorgeous like this, silly," He slides his palm over Remus' naval. "Pretty, pregnant Moony," He whispers softly into Remus' ear.

Remus smirks. "Yeah?"

"Yeah,"

Remus turns, facing Sirius once more. Sirius hums as he leans in, kissing Remus softly. Sirius grins into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Remus' waist completely. Remus' long fingers entangled in Sirius' dark locks of hair.

Remus pulls away, smiling shyly. "Thanks, I feel a bit better now. Y'know, I'm sure mum will love Elliot. Sorry I was worried, kinda freaking out a lot on you lately," He muses gently. "M'sorry, Pads,"

Sirius applies a quick peck to Remus' cheek before smiling. "S'alright, mama. You've been stressed, it's okay to worry. But you don't have to worry alone, I'm here. And your mum will be too. And the boys and Lils and Marlene and Dorcas, Reggie too," His hand softly on Remus' belly. "Our baby as well."

Remus smiles, grateful. "Lucky, aren't I?"

"Oh, extremely," Sirius chuckles. "Now, how about we take off this weekend and psy your dear mum a visit, eh?"

Nodding, Remus says, "Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I'll bring some stuff to show her, sonograms and that. After she gets over it and probably yells at me for a bit, I'm sure she'd like that,"

"Course she'll like that! Our daughters bloody beautiful!"

Remus exhales heavily as he stands on his own bloody doorstep with a thundering heart and adrenaline gushing through his veins. Sirius by his side, as he so often is. He can feel Sirius' hand brush against his. His fingertips finding Remus' delicately.