THIRTY NINE

The owl had arrived the evening before. From Hope.

Sirius has been sweating nervously ever since, Remus is sure of it.

Remus,

Your father has been in contact.

He would like for us all to meet at what I believe is his farm. With his new family. He tells me that one Rosetta Lupin has requested the presence of Sirius and Elliot. We can get through one lunch together, baby boy. Your father and I think it may be best to meet again in company......

See you there.

Lots of love,

Mum x

And so, they find themselves wrapping Elliot up in a little woolen coat Marlene had given them. She'd purchased it somewhere in Hogsmeade, it was a small little beige thing. But it hung loose around their little otter.

"Yay, Otto. Your first time leaving the castle!" Remus cheers softly as he puts tiny frilled white socks on her tiny little feet. "Exciting, isn't it?" He smirks as he gently lifts her up to face him. She blinks, as she often does; her only form of communication; that and shrieking when hungry. He turns to Sirius, whom is doing up his coat. "Ready?"

"No, I'm very scared," Sirius deadpans.

Remus rolls his eyes. "Me too, my mum and dad are going to be in the same room for the first time in years," He say dryly.

Sirius shakes his head. "How come they're meeting again with you in the room?"

Scoffing, Remus answers. "Like all parents," He chuckles to Sirius. Sirius nods. "I think they like to have their child present for any altercations. Maybe I'll be a court house witness,"

Sirius grins, crossing the room to pat Remus on the back. "How can I look at your dear old dad, eh? You told him I sucked you off," He cracks up, his eyes squinting with smile lines. Remus had accidentally told him of his fathers slight disapproval of him being a Black. Sirius had shrugged and vowed to make Lyall eat those words.

What was Lyall's approval to Remus anyways?

Remus hugs Elliot closer to him. "Oi! Not in front of Otto," He laughs. Elliot, none the wiser to the ongoing conversation, just blubbers something incoherent in reply.

Standing outside on the porch, Remus feels himself sweat. "Maybe we should go home," He says. Home being Hogwarts.

Sirius nods. "Fabulous idea," He agrees. Neither of them move. He turns to Remus. "I'm scared of your dad, I think I'm very scared of your dad, Remus," He nods firmly. "Your mum is an angel who doesn't know I suck you off,"

"She knows you got me pregnant. I think she knows," Remus deadpans. He shrugs. "You know what, let's go. I don't want to be here, Lily probably misses Elliot. It wouldn't be fair to keep them apart-"