EPILOGUE III

THE TRUTH IS I AM A TOYTHAT PEOPLE ENJOY'TIL ALL OF THE TRICKS DON'T WORK ANYMOREAND THEN THEY ARE BORED OF MEI KNOW THAT IT'S EXCITINGRUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT, BUTEVERY PERFECT SUMMER'SEATING ME ALIVE UNTIL YOU'RE GONEBETTER ON MY OWN TRUTH IS I...

THAT PEOPLE ENJOY
'TIL ALL OF THE TRICKS DON'T WORK ANYMORE
AND THEN THEY ARE BORED OF ME
I KNOW THAT IT'S EXCITING
RUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT, BUT
EVERY PERFECT SUMMER'S
EATING ME ALIVE UNTIL YOU'RE GONE
BETTER ON MY OWN TRUTH IS I AM A TOY
THAT PEOPLE ENJOY
'TIL ALL OF THE TRICKS DON'T WORK ANYMORE
AND THEN THEY ARE BORED OF ME
I KNOW THAT IT'S EXCITING
RUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT, BUT
EVERY PERFECT SUMMER'S
EATING ME ALIVE UNTIL YOU'RE GONE
BETTER ON MY OWN
- Liability, Lorde

Minerva Vega Black owns Remus' heart right from the very beginning. Elliot had adapted to her new sister just as quickly as she had to Rowan. Remus had initally feared that Rowan would be skeptical of his new sister, Remus worried that Rowan was no longer his soft, nervous, predictable little boy and was now somehow raging with all of these emotions far beyond his age. A year ago, Remus would've known Rowan's reaction. But now, like everything else, it has changed.

Sure, his children may have adored Minnie upon her arrival and their meeting with her in St. Mungos, but Remus wasn't sure how they would feel about her screeching, ear piercing cries during the late hours of the night. So he has currently casted a simple silencing spell as he gently swayed with his daughter, rubbing her small back softly as he paces his room; he had stopped referring to it as he and Sirius' room. Purely out of spite. It isn't like Sirius is around to correct him.

"Hush now, baby," Remus whispers softly as Minnie screams wildly. "What's the matter, eh? Don't like being out in the big bad world? I don't like it much out here either, darling, but we've got to make do, don't we? We're all each other has got, you, me, Otto and Row," He gently sways around the room, clad in his boxers and a loose T-shirt. It smells like Sirius. Remus has never hated someone as much as he hates Sirius right now. But he has never missed somebody as much as he misses Sirius now.

He narrowly avoids swaying into the crib. For now, he doesn't want to be away from Minnie, hence why the crib is even in his room. Remus decided he would move Minnie into her own room as soon as he was ready to. 

The room is dimly lit, a orange hue coming from the lamp settled bedside locker and the rising sun in the dark sky. It was August now, little Minerva Black had made her entrance late July. Remus had tried not to think of how little Harry would be two by then. He didn't want to think of it. But now his mind is wandering.

Remus pictures the shaggy haired baby, now a toddler, he supposes, all lonesome and confused within his aunt's lonely little town home. Remus tuts, he's sure Petunia and her pathetic excuse of a husband will not be catering much to Harry's needs. It makes Remus angry, filled with a deep rage, that Petunia was granted permission of Harry following her younger sister's death. Granted Petunia had a baby of her own, Remus was certain she wouldn't have known the first thing about a baby.