EPILOGUE VI

WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG AND YOUR HEART WAS AN OPEN BOOK, YOU USED TO SAY LIVE AND LET LIVE,YOU KNOW YOU DID, YOU KNOW YOU DID YOU KNOW YOU DID,BUT IF THIS EVER CHANGING WORLD IN WHICH WE'RE LIVING

YOU KNOW YOU DID, YOU KNOW YOU DID
YOU KNOW YOU DID,
BUT IF THIS EVER CHANGING WORLD IN
WHICH WE'RE LIVING.
MAKES YOU GIVE IN AND CRY,
SAY LIVE AND LET DIE
- Live And Let Die By Paul McCartney

Time passes, as time tends to do.

Remus realizes that time waits for nobody. It never has and or never ever will. Especially not for people like him.

He continues to kiss Laurie, simply because it feels nice and easy. There are no pranks, no Snape riots, no piting one another against one another. It isn't anything like being with Sirius. It's always sweet, never abrasive.

Laurie comes with his own fair share of family related issues, but he never takes them out on Remus. Which Remus is grateful for. He has spent long enough living to please Sirius, tiptoeing around Sirius' inability to simply address his misplaced feelings and miscommunicated words.

Time moves slow but yet quickly and soon Sirius has been in prison for four years. Remus no longer attends therapy. He's as fixed as he's ever been to say the least. He rarely thinks of Sirius, he ensures not to.

None of it is even a thought that occurs to Remus as he wakes, cracking open his eyes to see Minnie sleeping at the very end of his bed. His littlest angel often suffered with nightmares. It breaks his heart, and so, when he feels her dipping her small body into the end of his bed late into the night; he doesn't even bat an eyelid.

Laurie rolls over beside him. Remus greet him with a smile. "Mornin', there is a very small person at the end of our bed," Laurie grins toothily.

Remus rolls his eyes, curling into Laurie's chest. "Yeah, sometimes I wish Min would just get into the bed, rather than politely curl herself at the very end of the headboard," He muses. "Although polite and rather considerate on my four year old's part, sometimes it scares me to wake up to a tiny body at my feet,"

Laurie chuckles softly, pressing a kiss to the top of Remus' head. "She's great, y'know, all your kiddies are," He says softly, threading his fingers through Remus' soft curls. "You make some great kiddos,"

Remus smirks. "I know, what can I say," He boosts mockingly.

"Oi, modesty doesn't go astray," Laurie smirks. He pauses for a long time, his fingers begin tracing small shapes on Remus' bare shoulder. "You uh...you ever think about havin' some of our own, no?" He murmurs.

Remus feels himself freeze. He doesn't think about that ever. He can't imagine having anyone else's babies other than Sirius'. But he no longer has Sirius. He shrugs, realizing he may be taking too long to answer.