FORTY ONE

Sirius had been correct.

The pair did move in straight after graduation; into their small, quaint little cottage. Honeycomb Perch. They realistically couldn't be any happier. As for Lily and James, they've moved in together too. Dorcas and Marlene moved in with Marlene's parents and Peter? Well, Peter had made quite the amusing comment of how he now resided as a free wheeling bachelor.

"This is nice," Remus says as Sirius drags their luggage into the living room, dumping it all in a heap by the door. "We've got so much to unpack, haven't we?"

Sirius nods with a grin. "Thank fuck we already set up Otto's crib, I don't think I could manage unpacking if we didn't have somewhere for her to sit for awhile," He bounces Elliot in his arms. "Are you happy to be in your new home, little love? Isn't it great?" He talks to her in his softest voice and Remus loves it.

Remus smiles at the sight. "How about we put you down for your first nap here, eh, otter? It's getting quite late for you," He says softly to his daughter. Eight in the evening was not Elliot's prime time to be awake as she was already drifting to sleep in Sirius' arms.

"C'mon, baby girl, let's get you settled in for the night. Your very first night in your new home! Isn't that exciting, love?" Sirius chirps as he and Remus slowly walk towards Elliot's little room, hand in hand while their baby resides in Sirius' strong arm.

Remus makes a fuss out of dressing Elliot for bed. Sirius smiles, endeared by the sight. "Mummy and daddy will give you a nice little bath in our new bath tomorrow night, won't we, Otto?" Remus talks sweetly to her as he changes Elliot into a tiny little salmon colored onsies. "We'll wash your little hair and dry you off in a towel that isn't the property of Hogwarts," He grins as he lofts her close to his chest, swaying gently with her.

Sirius softens at the scene before him. "I'm so proud of you. You're getting through it all so well, Moony,"

Remus smiles over at him as he sways with a sleepy Elliot in his arms. "I've had the best helper, is all," He says. Sirius feels his cheeks heaten at this as he crosses the room to sway with his boyfriend and child, all in a swift attempt to force Elliot into a soft slumber so they can crack open the wine Marlene and Dorcas had gifted them as a new house type of present.

They'd planned for this a few weeks ago, Remus whispering sweet promises of how they'd get so tipsy on cheap wine and venture around their house, exploring every single crevice of the place. Sirius had beamed back, ushering soft words of how he would have Remus whatever way he wished to be had on every single surface of the cottage. Remus had blushed and swattd him, but he had not explicitly turned down the idea which to Sirius, meant he was entirely on board; if his cheeky wink had anything to conclude about his say in it.

As soon as little Elliot Dorothy's shiny grey eyes closed, Sirius has dragged Remus out of their daughters room; his large hand taking Remus as he hushedly giggled.

"Stop, you'll wake Elliot, idiot," Remus rolls his eyes. "Stop giggling," He grins with a giggle of his own as they march down the hallway, their hands intertwined and close in any way they can be.

Sirius laughs, spinning with Remus as they enter their box filled living room; piled high with moving boxes that neither were yet prepared to dive into and open. "We've got a blooming cottage," Sirius sings through his laughter.

Remus laughs too as Sirius twirls him around, it's clumsy; Remus never had the ballroom dancing experiences Sirius did, however, Sirius himself isnt exactly a product of ballroom dancing lessons. His movement is swift and agile and delicate, his body moving effortlessly while Remus seems to stumble around; avoiding trampling Sirius' feet at all costs. It's messy and ridiculous but they're doing it.