THIRTY SEVEN

The first flat that Sirius looked at was dull and empty and unfurnished. It also had a strangely damp atmosphere, but the show house woman quickly informed him that there was a leak somewhere in the house. This immediately made Sirius' nose wrinkle with distaste for the place.

The second house had loud neighbors. Sirius could barely hear the soft spoken woman over them. They crashed and thrashed around their home. Sirius decided quickly that he would rather be homeless than live with such ruckus. He knew Elliot wouldn't like it all that much either. Thus, he opted to see flats.

It wasn't until the fourth flat that Sirius became restless.

But by the fifth one, not even a flat, at that; it's a small house in a small neighbor, it is perhaps better described as a cottage; an old English cottage. Sirius is already so enthralled with it. It has furniture, which is a plus as he and Remus probably couldn't scrape much together anytime soon. It also has no volumed neighbors.

It is quiet and cosy and seems like a nice area. It's got a nice, cosy living room with a fireplace in the corner of the room, four bedrooms and two bathrooms and a kitchen and even a garden. The walls of the living room are lined with a duck egg blue color and a tower of a bookshelf that Sirius thinks Remus will quite fancy. The pathway up to the little aged cottage has a small metal gate that endears Sirius. It's so quant and humbling to a wonderful extent. 

To Sirius, he couldn't want much more. And so that is why he finds himself handing all of his inherited money over to the show house woman without a second glance at the place.

He hadn't originally wanted a house, but it seems the house had wanted him. Well, the cottage had. The cottage life called to him. Or at least that's what he promised himself he'd tell Remus when he would have to confess to buying a four bedroomed house instead of a simple flat. 

It's insane, it's impulsive, but most of Sirius' life choices usually are. He doesn't need anymore convincing; this is exactly where he wants to raise he and Remus' baby, maybe babies once things settle down.

His pockets empty and his head yet again filled with images of he and Elliot racing around the garden, she's giggling and Remus; well Remus is heavily pregnant, of course, and supporting his belly with a hand to the underside and his other hand at his lower back. Sirius grins at the idea.

He whistles as he walks back to the common room, all of his uncle's money in the hands of that show house woman and Sirius has not one single regret about it as he shoves open the door to the common room, humming out the password.

"Don't you look cheery," Remus comments as soon as their eyes meet. Elliot's laying in his arms, a book nearby. "Doesn't daddy look very happy, Otto?" Suddenly Remus whips his head back around to Sirius. "Way too happy for somebody who was up half the night. Where have you been all morning? Sirius?" He suddenly inquires, brown eyes weary.

Sirius rolls his eyes. "Mummy's being noisy," He tells Elliot. "I was busy, to put it simply," Sirius smiles at Remus.

"No. I don't like this, what have you gone and done now?" Remus pleads softly with a small smile. "You haven't done anything bad, eh?"

Sirius shakes his head. "Nothing bad, love. But we may be a bit short of cash on my uncle's behalf," Sirius jokes. Remus' face falls. "Baby, I'm kidding! We still have plenty of his money! I just may have spent a large chunk of it!"

"Sirius-" But Sirius was already heading back out of the common room in search of some sort of excuse so he wouldn't have to tell Remus Lupin he had just purchased them a rather pricy house. Lily, of course, is who Sirius finds himself bumping into; as he so often does.