Chapter 19

Iris was looking at her reflection in front of a big bathroom mirror.

She was still herself; brunette, light complexions with grey eyes.

Except, the woman in the mirror had bedroom eyes. Her lips were swollen and there were pink marks on her neck and upper chest. Her brunette hair was practically screaming 'sex hair.'

Of course, she really didn't go all the way with Elliot last night. But, Iris couldn't remember the number of times they made out. When she wanted to complain due to exhaustion, Elliot gave her a puppy look while innocently saying, "But we need to practice so you won't have nosebleed next time?"

Thus, the two of them "practiced" until the wee hours.

Despite that, Iris felt strangely energized when she woke up in the morning.

"Good morning, wife." A husky voice said. Iris looked at the bathroom door and saw Elliot looking like the god of seduction.

He was leaning on the door frame while only wearing his sleeping pants, leaving his muscular upper body bare. His stubbles were faintly visible and he had sexy bed hair.

Iris remembered how she combed that hair with her fingers last night and she felt her nose starting to feel hot.

No, I can't be distracted right now because I have to go to the office early and prepare for my presentation. If I come near him... I'll probably want to molest that sexiness for at least half an hour.. Iris thought.

Thus, she looked away fast and ignored him.

........

Elliot was feeling down.

Iris basically ignored her the whole morning. From the moment she opened her eyes, she immediately went to the bathroom to get ready for work. Even when he came over to greet her, she just gave him a glance and continued her morning routines. He wanted to get to work together with her but she took her own car and drove away after telling him goodbye.

She didn't even kiss him.

Elliot was sulking as he sipped his coffee.

"About the new chain of hotels in the east coast.." Sean, his assistant, started to say, however, he was interrupted by Elliot.

"Cancel it."

Sean froze and no sound came out of his mouth for a full ten seconds.

"But we are supposed to sign the contract next week... boss.." Sean pleadingly said. He worked so hard on that negotiation.

"Didn't they want to increase the price? Cancel it." Elliot ordered.

Sean's eyes started to wet and he looked so aggrieved. However, Elliot ignored him.

"Then.. the report from the pack that Tristan brought.." Sean said as he slowly moved the folder in front of Elliot.

"Send it back." He once again ordered.

"Ah? But this needs immediate attention." Sean started to reason with him.

"They are returning soon." Elliot merely answered as he started to walk out of the room.

"Ahh?? But it was just a month since they were away?" Sean asked as he hurriedly followed him.

.....

The employees of the Liliana Corp. rarely saw the appearance of their president. In fact, only the higher ups and the receiving area staff saw him before. However, it didn't mean that the president was not famous.

On the contrary, every single employee wanted to get a glimpse of him. Of course, this was because everyone who saw him would tell others how inhumanly handsome he was. So, it has been a tradition in the company for the employees to notify others when they learn that the president will pass. That way, many would be able to see him.

And this was the scenario when Elliot walked in the lobby of the company.

The lobby was very big. But, at that moment, it was full of employees.

"Good morning, president!" They all got up and greeted him.

Elliot gave them a small nod and kept on walking to his private elevator.

The corporation was founded a few years ago. However, it was only last year that Elliot started to regularly come to the office. Before, he was managing it wherever he was and left Sean as his personal representative.

Previously, he couldn't attend to the corporation personally because of his position in the council. Now that the council has ended, he had all the time to focus on the company.

Of course, the main reason for his regular attendance was to see Iris. Not that the latter knew anything about it.

"Did anything happen?" Elliot asked as he walked in the biggest room in the building.

"Nothing in particular, sir." A blonde man standing on the side reported. He was Elliot's other secretary, Cedy.

"Except.. Ms. Iris has a big presentation today at three in the afternoon." Cedy added.

Elliot sat in his chair and clicked a button. Then, the big monitor in front of him started.

Inside the monitor was the CCTV footage of the advertisement department. In particular, it was focused on the cubicle of a beautiful woman who was wearing a long scarf.