Chapter Twenty-One

Please Give The Pack A Chance

Lilly

"Are you awake, Luna?"

Someone is saying something, I think she's calling me Luna and is trying to wake me up? But the bed I am sleeping on is very comfortable that I can't bear to open my eyes.

The voice didn't say anything anymore, but knocks a few times when I didn't answer.

I should get up, I shouldn't burden other people. I try prying my eyes open and push myself away from the most comfortable bed in the world. Almost instantaneously, my bed made a low grunt. I gasp in surprise and my body voluntarily sits down in a very high speed manner, away from the bed who seems to have the ability to grunt.

When I am sitting down and widely awake, I see a shirtless Lucas lying on my bed and staring at me. He almost looks expressionless except for the lazy smiling eyes which stare at me hotly. Heat creeps into my face when I remember the "make out" session we had last night.

"Luna?" The voice from behind the door calls me. Oh no, I can't let them know that Lucas stayed the night with me. Even if we are mates, we haven't mated yet. Also, I am not the official Luna yet. This pack is more conservative than other packs in a sense that the mates don't openly sleep together until they hold the ceremony binding them. I guess it stems out from the fact that we are the descendants of the first old royalties. The old values are still deeply engraved into our hearts and the customs of the old are still being followed. Although I know that this is rarely followed by my school mates. I often hear them talking about their exploits.

I hurriedly drag my feet to the door to answer the person calling to me but my feet are entangled with the blanket, causing me to fall down to the floor. Lucas chuckles at me. I want to give him a glare but I see him wearing nothing except for a small boxer shorts. Everything else are all exposed thanks to me dragging the blanket to the floor.

I freeze at the sight for a second and run to the door. I open it lightly to see that one of the squad leaders, Annie, is standing behind my door. Her lips are slightly slanted upward and she is giving me a knowing look. I force myself to make an innocent look and ask her what does she needs from me.

"Ahem. Luna, this is the schedule that we devised for the training. The Alpha ordered that you be included in the training of the four wolves chosen during the meeting. I incorporated the training schedule with your classes." She tells me while giving me a piece of paper.

"Umm, thank you."

"Also, this is the schedule of the Alpha. He instructed us to immediately give him this once we finalized it. It includes the schedule for the combined training of the other packs as well as the list of the representatives they are sending for the training. We can't find the alpha so we figured to give this to you so you can give it to him... when you see him." Annie says and I feel my face turned red.

Does the whole pack know that he is with me?

"Ah.. yes. Thank you." I say as I take the second paper.

"That's all that I need, Luna. Oh right, your breakfast, do you want it to be brought up here?"

"No.. no need. I'll come down. Thank you."

I feel Lucas' stare as I close the door. I refuse to look at him especially in his state right now. He is practically, almost naked.

I carefully put the papers in the dresser without looking at him then ran to the bathroom to get ready for school. I have no heart to face him right now.

I only hear a low and soft chuckle as I close the bathroom door.

x x x

.

Getting ready to school is never this convenient.

I am eating breakfast in the kitchen when Tristan came by and tell me that he will drive me to the school as per Lucas' instruction. Lucas is also a senior in high school but he had a lot of work so I don't think he will be able to attend school today. When I finished showering, he was already gone with a note in the dresser telling me to eat breakfast before going to school. He also mentioned that he has another boring meeting.

Right now, I am sitting in the front seat of a black jeep. Tristan, the beta, is driving. I am more comfortable with him now since he had accompanied me a lot during the eventful weekend. However, it is still surreal that the beta is driving me to school. It was just a few days ago when his father, the former beta, had a beta order on me to keep my head down.

"Is everything okay, Luna?"

"Yes. Thank you, Tristan." I answer him. "Um, are you staying in school today?"

"Yeah, the meeting is only during the morning. Plus, my dad is there to explain when the alpha gets tired talking." He answers with a smile.

It's true that Lucas has a big temper and just stops talking when he feels that it is troublesome. I heard that it was Tristan who ended up negotiating with the other alphas about the combined training of the packs. Lucas just sat there and ate some fruits as he listened with a bored look on his face. He onlg occasionally commented for the things that mattered.

"Luna. About the.. black light that you said that surrounds me. Do you know what is it?" Tristan asks me. I think that he has been wanting to ask about this question for a while now.

That black light. I remember seeing it surrounds Tristan. Unlike the other colors, it seems to be tightly suppressed. If I didn't look carefully, I would have missed it.

"About that. I don't really know what it means. It's just, it seems very quiet. Unlike the other lights, the black light seems silent and suppressed. It was hard to notice it. Also, it seems more profound. " I tell him truthfully.

"I see. I am wondering what it is, I hope it's not some kind of dark power." He jokes as he parks the car in the lot in front of the school. I feel that most of the students are looking at the car. The window is heavily tinted, but I don't know if the werewolves' eyesight is good enough to see through the tint.

For sure, it will be a very different day for me. From being the outcast to being the alpha's mate and coming to school through the beta's car, my life really seems like a roller coaster. I wish Lucas was here with me.

"It'll be fine, Luna. No one would be daring enough to openly oppose you. If there's any problem, just shout out for me. I will keep a close watch. Alpha will skin me alive if something happens to you." Tristan seriously tells me. "I know that we don't have the right to ask this of you, but please give the pack a chance to make up to you."

I don't really feel like giving them a chance, the maltreatment I received for years is still heavily imbued on my mind. But, I don't want Lucas making a blood pool in his own pack, so I stop him from heavily punishing them. Still, it would be nice if they treat me like air and not talk to me for a while.

Tristan might have seen through my predicament because he just shows me a troubled look. In the end he gives me a sad but encouraging smile.