Chapter Eight

Crush Their Hearts

Lilly

A strange feeling like something was about to attack me startles me awake. Panting heavily, I look at the room I am staying in. Last night, after dinner, Lucas led me to a big guest room and told me I could stay there for the night. I wanted to return to my house but I was turned down flatly by Lucas.

"Allowing you to sleep in a different room than mine is already stretching out my will. If you want to return, you will allow me to sleep there together with you." was what he told me.

Since I have no wolf, I don't have a hypersensitive hearing and what I hear is almost comparable to the hearing of a normal human. However, just now, I had a feeling that I heard someone painfully yell. After a few seconds, I somehow feel that there are low growls and people (or wolves) running.

I hurriedly get out of my bed to find Lucas. I somehow know that there is something wrong in the pack. Immediately when I sit up, I see Lucas sitting with his legs crossed on the sofa near my bed. He looks relaxed and comfortable with his back leaning on the chair as he lazily looks at me. He is holding a phone and it looks like he is playing flappy bird before I woke up.

What is he doing here? Isn't the pack in trouble? Is he hanging out in this room while I was sleeping?

........That is a little creepy.

"Have you felt something?" Lucas gently asks me.

"I am not sure, but I felt like I was about to be attacked so I was startled awake." I tell him. "Then I heard wolves running around, like someone was giving an order."

"Correct." Lucas puts down his phone and points to his left.

"To the west of the border line, there are around fifty wolves hiding their presence and preparing to attack our border patrol. The signal was just given when you woke up."

"West of the border line? But that's far from here." Definitely, the place is way too far for my hearing.

"And fifty wolves. Will they be fine? Who would attack us?" I worriedly ask him.

"You felt it and not heard it. The feeling of being attacked was the feeling you had when the border patrol was about to be attacked." Lucas explains to me. Then, he stands up, walks to the window and turns the curtains to the side.

"They are fine. The ten border patrols are strong enough to protect their lives until reinforcements are sent. Gamma Richard is already a few seconds away from them with thirty warriors. The strength of our warriors are more than enough to annihilate fifty ordinary wolves. The organized movement is good." He says while he looks at the western border. I stand up and stand near him in front of the window.

I glance at the western border but fail to see any movement. The place is just too far for me to see anything that is going on there.

"You will not go there?" I ask Lucas.

"No. The pack members are eager to show me what they are made of. Richard mind-linked me about it. He told me that they got it handled."

"But, I somehow feel that we are in trouble. Lucas.. I feel danger. I don't know why, and I can't explain it. I don't know why I felt the attack too." I am very confused. Can it be that I have some kind of power to feel danger?

Lucas faces me and takes a lock of my hair before he gently twists it on his finger. It seems like he likes to touch me whenever I am near him.

"You have the connection between you and the pack members. A Luna normally has that ability."