Chapter Nine

We Mistreated You, Luna

Lilly

I am sitting on a side couch in the living room of the pack house. Unlike earlier, the pack house right now is very busy. Pack members are moving fast, some are carrying the wounded warriors, and some are running to check if their loved ones are okay. All in all this attack is one of the biggest attacks the pack received for the past century.

Ever since I realized that I am somehow connected with the feelings of the pack members, their feelings became more evident to me. Right now, although we just suffered a big attack, there is no confusion. The pack members only feel anxiousness, chill, and pride.

Everyone is probably thinking of how strong our alpha is, to defeat numerous enemies in a flash. But everyone is also probably thinking that if his arrival had been a day late, there could have been casualties. *Many casualties*. Truly, everyone must have felt the chill from the emergence of a new, vicious species that are obviously our enemies.

Tristan, the future beta, is silently sitting in front of me. He escorted me back to the pack house as Lucas instructed, and he also refused to leave me alone until Lucas returns.

Among all of the higher ranks in the pack, I always feel that it is Tristan who scorn me the least. I have always avoided all of the higher ups like plagues. However, there was one time when I got into the way of Tristan.

I was working in a diner during weekends and my obligation was to wash the dishes and clean the kitchen after the store closed. One time, I was bringing the trash outside and I was exhausted after the whole day of work. I tripped on my foot and the trash I was carrying was roughly thrown into the ground. I panicked when I felt a presence in front of me and saw that the future Beta with wet garbage splashed on his shoes and the bottom of his pants.

I thought I was in deep trouble as I mumbled my apologies. Tristan seemed to be really annoyed but he just gave me a grunt and told me to be careful before walking away. I didn't receive any sort of punishment and no other member learned what happened.

That is why I am kind of glad that Lucas picked Tristan among the pack members to bring me back.

"How did you do that?" I look up and see Tristan looking at me inquisitively.

"What is it?"

"Did you feel that someone was hurt back there? You also knew that he was stabbed near the heart?"

Oh. That. Can I tell him that I just somehow felt things?

"Um, yes. I am not sure too, I just somehow felt it." I answered him truthfully.

"I could somehow tell, but the Alpha has not marked you yet , right?" He inquires and I feel my cheeks burning. I know that he can tell by my smell that Lucas and me haven't mated. But isn't that a little rude to ask that thing to a girl?

"Yeah, he did not." I quietly murmured after a while.

"This is ridiculous. You have a bond with us!" His eyes turn wide. "I somehow had an inkling, back in the cafeteria when you were hurt and the Alpha found you, I felt an overwhelming pain and despair coming from the chest. And it was not only me. Everyone of us felt it. When the Alpha claimed you as his mate, I thought that it was related to you, but I couldn't be sure."

"However, now I am sure it was you. We felt your pain at that time, but I didn't think that your connection with us is something that is much stronger. You can actually tell that someone was hurt!" Tristan exclaims. His expression looks very conflicted, like he is having a very intense internal debate.

Finally, after a few moments, Tristan gets up and stands before me. Suddenly, I feel the eyes of the pack members on us. I can't blame them. After all, here we are, their future Beta and the girl who they used to treat like a trash. One is sitting while the other is respectfully standing before her. Still, I am not used to being stared to like this. It is making me uncomfortable.

Tristan doesn't seem to mind their attention because he straightforwardly dips his head down.

"We mistreated you, Luna" I hear a collective gasp around us.

I abruptly stand up. "No.. Tristan. Ple-please raise your head."

I absolutely have no idea what to tell him. I am also very much uncomfortable because of the looks we are being given.

Even now, it still doesn't sink in my mind about me suddenly being a.. being *their* luna.

And about this apology.. erm.

"Uhm, please call me Lilly." Is the only thing I managed to say.

x x x

The sky was dark and the clouds were scattered. The wind was howling like it was in an internal turmoil. The wind was coming from different directions. Both of the wind met in the middle and a violent force was created.

On the ground, in the middle of all these forces, a young woman was standing. Her hair that was long and silver was swaying madly with the wind. Her face was something out of this world. She had a pale complexion. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose. A sculptor could not have fashioned her exquisite face any better.

Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be sleeping. Her serene expression accentuated her beauty. Around her body were heavy chains. From her feet to her shoulders, these chains prevented her from moving. Despite these, she looked magical and ethereal. Her heavy restraints decorated her like pieces of jewelry.

"You have finally found me."

A magical voice was heard. The woman did not show any movement but that ethereal voice certainly came from her.

Suddenly, the vision blurred and the colors twirled.

Thereafter, a vision of a room was seen.

The room looked ancient as well as it was exquisite.

Heavy curtains could be seen on the window. The walls were bare. Two heavy chairs were facing a fireplace. In the middle of the room was a long table. Papers were scattered on it. A feather used for writing was placed beside a thick stack of paper and near it was an ink. Swords were used as a decoration of the wall.

"Regina mea." A man with bulky muscles greeted the lady who was sitting on the chair which was facing the fireplace. He placed his fist into his heart and looked into the ground before returning his glance on the woman's back.

"What is it?"

The woman regally answered , without turning her chair to face the man.

"There was an attack in the port, the people are restless, they are requesting your presence." The man answered as he stood up straight.

"If I attend to your every wish, you will be not strong enough when the time comes when I'm gone."

"No! That can't be, my queen! We will not allow any harm befall you." The man emotionally protested.

The woman didn't respond to him for a while. She just stared at the fire which was beautifully dancing in the fireplace. Her face was sporting a wistful but melancholic expression. After a couple of minutes, she deeply sighed before standing up and facing the man.

"You say that now, but who can go against fate? If I was fated to perish, you, or any one of you cannot prevent it. Right now it was just a small attack. Our warriors are strong enough to fend it. Your will must be strong enough to face whatever happens."

"When the time comes, you will be facing a great evil, and I may not be here. However, the fates will give you someone who will lead you to defeat the enemy." The woman said softly. Her black eyes were emphasized greatly by the paleness of her skin.

"You shall not falter."