Chapter Thirty-Two

Controlling the Wind Energy

Lucas

Purposely hugging her in front of others and not being pushed away is indeed a feat. Moreover, having her rely on my chest to cover her embarrassment is a very good bonus. Maybe I am being lowly, but coaxing Lilly into my arms is becoming easier.

I know that she still worries about me. Being vulnerable in her arms is something that came as a surprise. The moon goddess knows how I struggled not to break down. I remained strong all these times. Only Lilly, only her can make me feel vulnerable. But, I don't feel bad about it. My only concern is that I made her worry.

"Alpha Lucas, if we learned this skill but we can't practice it, will we be able to teach them still to our people?" Alpha Craig asks.

"Yes. The theory is easy. But one needs to have potential to do it. This potential is something we are born with, so no matter how hard one practices, it won't yield any result if one has no potential. Still, I encourage everyone to practice because some show their potential rather late. As for learning the method, it is rather easy." I reply. Honestly, this job is boring. I came back after a long time and this is what I get for my first job.

I look at everyone around me. Tristan, Ethan, the pink pup and the impertinent black pup. Aside from them are the guests from the other packs; Alpha Craig and Bradon who still look as close as before, Sebastian that bastard, Tane who is quietly standing on the side, and Beta Daniel who is standing stiffly. And of course, Lilly who is still hiding inside my arms.

I can see that aside from Sebastian, all other Alphas are still guarded against me. They are probably thinking why there are only a few representatives from my pack in this training. Likewise, they are still in high alert since I slaughtered the spy into a meat pie. Well, I don't care what they think. Besides, even if they guard against me, what can they really do?

"Then let's start." I declare. Lilly is still not moving in my arms. Here is where I want her most so I don't care if we hug like this even for the whole duration of this training.

"This energy that I am talking about is a matter produced by our nature. Controlling this energy will enable one to control the forces of nature. Fire. Wind. Earth. Water. Each element surrounds us. Creatures which can control the energy produced by these elements may have the power of nature." I start explaining. "Through the course of time, these energies started to be called magic. And creatures who can control these magic were then called magicians. In the beginning, they were also called sorcerers and sorceresses."

I see the different reactions as I finish my speech. Some look astounded, some look skeptical. The pack members listening on the side of the field even gasp.

"We are all werewolves, so how can we control these energies? Easy. Each of our wolves have powers, but these powers can only be used when we are in our wolf form. These are the powers which let us do the transformation as well as maintain it. We can use this power to control the energies. Hence, one just needs to learn how to use the power of your wolves while still in the human form." I explain. This is boring. I regret not explaining this to Tristan beforehand and letting him handle this training session.

I notice a strange gaze and see Sebastian looking at me with a funny look.

Ah that's right. He and his predecessors were already able to use energies in human form. The difference is that they use it to hypnotize.

"Then, you mean, being able to do this will make us sorcerers?" Alpha Craig asks. I lift my brow in response. Isn't it obvious?

"Yes. All who can do this may be considered as such." I reply. Slow pokes everywhere.

"Alpha!! Then.. then.. I can be a werewolf and a sorcerer? Just like King Eleazar? The first Alpha king? How cool is that!" Ethan shouts excitedly. This curly pup is really noisy but I feel my lips curl up slightly.

King Eleazar is his idol huh?

I feel Lilly grab my shirt tightly and I involuntarily hold her closer. I wait if she will say something but she remains silent after grabbing my shirt.

Oh well. At least she's still in my arms. I comb her hair with my fingers.

"Uhm Alpha you are being distracted again?" I hear the annoying curly pup again. I look at him to rebuke him but realize that it will be troublesome so I turn to look at Tristan.

Tristan moves fast. His knuckles quickly come in contact with the curly pup's head in a strong smack.

"Ahem. Be quiet." Tristan says to Ethan. Good.

"So I will tell you how to control these energies. First thing is to sense them. Then control them according to your will." I instruct them. My fingers are still playing on the ends of my beautiful mate's hair.

"Close your eyes and feel your surroundings. Try to sense the energies. Only you in yourself can do this. Remember, only you yourself can sense it. No one can teach you this. Once you sense it, half of the job is done. Then we will work in controlling them." I noticed most of them already closed their eyes according to my instructions. Only Sebastian is eyeing me suspiciously. What I'm telling everyone is probably the same method they use to practice hypnosis. Too bad, I don't care about it.

"Be one with nature. There are four elements but that list is not inclusive. There are other energies that can be sensed and controlled." I purposely add to annoy this creepy guy.

"You will feel it inside you. The element that is closer to your heart. Whatever it is, only you can sense it. If you are deciding which element you are closest with, then you're halfway in sensing it." I explain further.

This probably will take a while. I will just say the important points and then leave them alone to do the work.

"I will show you how it's done first." I tell them. It's better to show it to them and let them figure out their way.

I hold my hand up and close my eyes. Warm feelings start to fill my entire body. All over me, I feel the fire energy dancing around. As if they are happy that I am calling unto them. Like they're waiting for my orders.

I will them to gather around my fingertip, wanting to start a small fireball. Slowly, the warm fire energy follows my will and starts gathering around my fingertip. However, the flow of energy was interrupted before I was able to complete my action.

A strong wisp of wind starts to surround me, disturbing the fire energy that started to gather around me.

No. To be exact, the wind energy is gathering around Lilly who is in my arms.

It started from our feet. A small whirlpool dances with elegance at the soil, effectively uprooting the grasses. Then, the wind starts to dance upward, becoming stronger as it grows.

My eyes widen and I immediately let Lilly go and take three steps backwards.

The wind continues to grow until it is as tall as Lilly. It dances elegantly as it becomes sharper. I order the fire energy to cover my body as a shield. Otherwise, the sharp wind will cut me like a knife.

On the other side of the field, everyone is in daze. The Alphas are more alert and order their men to retreat. Tristan quickly pulled the three pups away.

My beautiful mate, who is in the middle of the wind, has her eyes closed as her hair dances.

My heart beats so quickly and I glance at my Lilly who is more beautiful than ever. 

Thank you very for reading. 

Update schedule is three chapters every Sunday. :)