Chapter Fifty-Seven

Lucas

"Holy cow. What happened here?" An annoying voice sounds on my ears.

True enough, an annoying person has arrived.

Alpha Sebastian just entered the vicinity when he saw an astounding vision.

My beautiful mate sitting at the head of a huge table with all of the Alphas neatly gathered around her. And on the sides of the forest, all of the wolves are neatly sitting and not daring to move. The difference is that my pack's eyes are shining with excitement while the other wolves carry the look of fear and respect.

Truly, it is a spectacular sight since it is close to impossible to order the wolfkind to sit and stay like a good... nevermind.

On the far side, a lone wolf is sitting on the corner. To be exact, a lone rogue is sitting on the corner, not daring to come close but also not daring to leave.

Sebastian has just arrived after taking care of the humans. Through his power of hypnotism, he made the humans move far away from the forest where the war will occur.

Thanks to that, he is late and didn't see the spectacular show that my sexy mate has orchestrated.

"Yo! Honey! I'm home after days of hard work! Will I get no welcome kiss and hug?" He annoying shouts near me.

As a consequence, I send a huge fire towards his direction.

"Sh*t!" He immediately dodged it as he cursed.

"I just wanted to say hello. You're the same as ever, Alpha Lucas." Sebastian complains as he walks over the meeting table. "Like a cute new bride who is shy when her husband teases her." I hear him mumble before he run faster to where Lilly is. He knows I wouldn't dare throw a fire on him when he's near Lilly.

"Luna Lilly! I am late." The smart son of a gun greeted my mate. Right now, Lilly is heading a council for the war preparations. Sebastian can clearly see that Lilly is the leader and he smartly didn't act as if it's odd. He probably noticed the difference in the aura that my beautiful mate is emitting. I'll give him that.

"Alpha Sebastian. You've worked hard." My cute mate smiles at him.

"Only for you." Sebastian exaggeratedly bows down and then gives Lilly a wink. That f*cker.

Lilly, on the other hand, chuckles. I moved before I could stop myself. I scoot over them and grab the bastard's neck through my arm with force. I feel him cough and I tighten my hold over his neck.

"Lucas, my honey, my heart is only for you. Lilly is just a friend." The bastard still managed to say. I grip his shoulder and throw him away.

I glance at Lilly and see her familiar amused smile. However, unlike before, her cheeks are now tinted with red. This indicates that she's somehow embarrassed with the turn of events. I inwardly chuckled at how her previous self and present one somehow combines to create a new destructively cuter Lilly.

As a result, I can't help but bring her inside my arms.

"Lucas. I am not yet done here." She softly tells me but hasn't made a move to push me away.

"I know. Then, wrap it up." I urge her. There's nothing more that I want except for having her alone for myself.

Of course, she simply laughs at me.

"Very well."

Lilly says as she moves away from me and faces the crowd. The faces of everyone look different from before. Some look simply amazed. Some look respectful. Some just have difficult expressions on their faces. After all, suddenly being informed that the royal wolves are back is a bit difficult to ponder. Especially for the Alphas who are used to being in control.

At that thought, the boring meeting continued until midnight.

x x x

Spear-like weapons are being thrown in the air. Numerous werewolves are running around with the said weapon tightly held on their mouths. Up in the middle of the field is Annie, Tristan's mate, who is facilitating the exercise. Right now, everyone is being taught the basic defense that the wolves can do in case the "were-likes" attack.

Far away from the field, I can feel the fluctuations of energy. Those who are able to practice and use the energies of the world are also diligently practicing.

As it is, the hasty war preparations are being conducted. And of course, all these preparations all end up with one goal.

Crush the heart.

Whether by controlling the energies or through the spears, everyone is to learn how to crush the "were-likes" heart, which is the only way to kill them.

Because of that, anxiety and fear hovers through the air. Not all have seen the "were-likes," but everyone is certainly more than aware of them. Stronger than the wolves. Faster than the wolves. Instant healing ability. These characteristics are enough to scare a regular wolf. Of course, this is just how it is with the other pack.

My pack has been cheerful and seems to forget me. All have their attention to their Luna.

Yes, I am annoyed. Not because they seem to forget about their alpha, but because all of them looks over Lilly. All of their attention is with my beautiful mate. I can barely resist the urge to order them not to look at my mate.

My mate who clearly appears capable and seems like she has the control of the war at the back of her hands.

Yes, I wholeheartedly support my beautiful mate as the leader of this war. She, as the queen, is rightfully holding such a position. She, and no one else, not even me, is capable of leading the wolf-kind to victory.

I look at my mate who is in the middle of the hill, looking closely at the drill being conducted. It seems that she has been avoiding me. No, we still have our intimate moments. But our talk, which has been due since she regained her memory, has been pushed back by her.

Until now, she hasn't mentioned anything about our previous lives.

I let out a heavy sigh. Well, as long as she's with me, I am already happy.

Same as my mate, the enemy has also been quiet. However, I have a feeling that something big is brewing. And in just a few days, my suspicion is affirmed.