Chapter Forty-Seven

Lucas

"Look at the Beta. He's so red." A cheery voice says while we are on our way to the clearing in the middle of the forest. Since the forest is near, I decided that we will just walk instead of running to the meeting ground since I wanted to take our time before we face those troublesome weaklings from the other again.

I turn my head to look at the noisy green pup who points at the King of Slowpokes. That noisy green pup has been talking non-stop since we started our move. The one who he is talking to, the black pup who can also control energy, ignores him and just continues to walk. Good. At least there is one less annoying pup.

Speaking of Tristan, it is like he became a red statue when Annie woke up. Even after a few hours has passed, both of them are still so awkward and are furiously blushing. That slowpoke can't even move closer to his mate. All he could manage to do was to walk next to her.

"It's because you and the others have been teasing them non-stop since earlier." A small girly voice points out. I turn my eyes and see the pink pup who is walking alongside with her group mates. Today, she is again wearing a pink blouse and jeans. I wonder how many pink shirts this gal has. If I were his dad...

Hmmmn.

If I have a daughter, then she can have anything she wants.

"Oh there you are, Pinky." Ethan comments. It seems that I'm not the only one who calls her that. Maybe, I should just stick in calling her strawberry pup.

"Um.. My name is MegMeg." The strawberry girl shyly says.

"I know but that name sounds so childish." Of course it should sound childish. Can't he see that the one he is talking to is a child?

In fact, the name MegMeg is kinda cute. If I have a daughter I will name her LeeLee. But that will sound like her mom's. Then maybe Lulu. That name is also cute.

I shift my eyes back to the trio. They are walking in front of everyone in the pack. The black pup is acting like he is ignoring them but his eyes would always drift to the pair every few seconds.

"Still you shouldn't tease them. We should celebrate that our Beta finally found his mate." The strawberry gal reasons. "In a few days, I will get my wolf.. I wonder if I will meet my mate soon too." She shyly adds.

Just like that, the green pup and the black pup look at her at the same time. Ha so that's it. These pups are having some puppy love. I look at the three and can't help but tilt my lips up.

I guess some things really don't change.

It is after an hour of traveling that I order the pack to stop and have lunch. The pack looks confused when I give my order. Don't they want to eat their lunch? I glare at that stupid gamma and he hurriedly gives me a backpack. I open it and see the sandwiches that I asked for earlier. I take out the picnic blanket and arrange the food on it. Then, I pull Lilly to sit in front of me. Suddenly, the pack members who froze start moving. Two squads form a formation to guard around the vicinity and the others sit on the ground and take out their own snacks. Some even start hunting for meat while the others start bonfires.

Lilly gives out a cute laugh before taking a sandwich and opening it. Then, she offers it to me. So cute. I lift her up and make her sit on my lap as I take a bite of the sandwich on her hand.

"Just feed me like this." I tell her. She instantly blushes but did what I ask.

On our side, Tristan scratches his head while blushing. He faces Annie and tells her that he will find some meat before running away.

Is he five years old?

I decide to ignore him and focus on Lilly.

Half an hour has passed and I suddenly notice a large movement arriving at our place. I guess some big pack is arriving early. Soon, tens of thousands of wolves came from the side. My pack eyes them but continues eating.

Suddenly, Lilly grips my hand. "Lucas, there's something wrong with some of them." She says.

I look around the surrounding and immediately notice that there really is something amiss with these wolves. Although they try hard to hide it, they still can't conceal their blood-thirst.

"Alpha Lucas. It seems that you are also early." A middle-age man comes forward and gives me a wide grin. This is one of the Alphas that was present during the assembly.

I ignore him and look at my beautiful mate.

"Strange?" I ask her, wanting to know what she notices. It seems like she's being more and more adept with her powers.

Soon, my love.

"Yes. I think that more than half of these wolves are not connected with each other. In fact, they are not connected with anyone at all." Lilly says which makes me smile.

"I see. So that's it." I say and hold Lilly's hands to kiss it.

"You're as arrogant as ever. Even if you are a descendant of the Alpha Kings, you are still not an alpha king. I wonder why you act as one?" The stupid oaf says.

"This is better. At least they stupidly went to us. This will help me eliminate future troubles. " I say as I fix the hair that is stuck on Lilly's face.

"What do you mean?" My mate asks as she cutely tilts her head on the side looking confused.

"This noisy stupid oaf seems to have gathered rogues with ill intentions under him." I explain to Lilly. Her eyes turn wide with my statement. Sharp intake of breaths came from the surrounding. Even the stupid oaf looked surprised.

" How impressive. So, you realize huh? However, so what if you discovered me? Even as the strongest pack, your pack warriors number up to five thousand wolves at most. My force is almost twenty thousand strong. You are doomed to die today, Alpha Lucas." The stupid oaf immediately confesses. If he is not stupid then what is he?

And kill me? My pack against his gathering of weaklings? Even without me, my pack can handle their own. I can't help but chuckle on his stupidity.

I stand up and help my cute mate to stand. I look at my pack that already formed their squad formations.

"Withdraw to the side." I command them. The pack members look surprised but still immediately move to the side. However, they didn't go far. Hmmn. It seems that they are worrying about me. Slowpokes.

On the other hand, Tristan and Lilly didn't move from my side. I lift Lilly's hand to my lips. "You should also go to the side, I'll be done in a few minutes." I tell her. Lilly gives me a look before she chuckles and walks to the side. Tristan is more hesitant but still follows Lilly.

Soon, I hear an ugly laugh.

"Trying to make your pack retreat huh? So you're sacrificing yourself to let your pack escape? Let me tell you, no one will be able to escape your deaths today." The stupid oaf sneers.

"So stupid. My pack doesn't even need to lift a finger to fight an oaf like you." I say.

I take a few steps forward. Soon, I am in the middle of the clearing, in between my pack and the stupid oafs.

"HAHAHA! Enough of your bubble. Attack and don't let anyone live!" The stupid oaf commands. Twenty thousand wolves moved at once. Their eyes are filled with viciousness. They are dead sure in their resolve to kill us.

"So this is all your resolve." I close my eyes to gather the surrounding fire energy as it enthusiastically comes running to my call.

"Then you can't blame me for being merciless." I say as I burst out my power to attack them.

Thank you, everyone! See you next week!

P.S. If you want to finish the book right away, you can find it on iReader app under the Title: The Queen's Restraint (Full) <3

Lots of love, Maj