Chapter Forty-Six

Lilly

"How can it happen?"

A quiet voice asks. Since it is very sunny, I turn my face and squint my eyes to see a quiet serious look that Tristan is giving out. However, contrary to what he is trying to show, I can't help but feel the immense happiness that he is feeling. The brightness of his eyes is as intense as the sunlight that I feel like covering my eyes to shade them from it.

Right now, all of the pack members are assembled in the field. In an hour, we will all march to Amaya Forest. Lucas, me and Tristan are in the middle of the field trying to supervise the move. Actually, we are just sitting here looking around to check if the pack is not lazing around like we do.

Tristan, the beta who always did his job well, is not in the slightest mood to work. He is just sitting in his chair with his twinkling eyes and flushed face. Although he tries to tone down his expression, a goofy grin still comes out of his face every few seconds.

"It happened because you are a slowpoke who can't even recognize your own mate. And you even have the guts to wonder why I call you one. Well, let me tell you. You aren't just a simple slowpoke because you are the King of Slowpokes." Lucas replies.

Right now is the morning after the forest fiasco. Last night, Tristan had woken up an hour after he was brought back to the pack house. He immediately went to check on Annie so he ran to her room in the hospital. Then, he just suddenly froze on the doorstep of her room. He was in shock and unable to move for quite some time until his father, who was in the same room, dragged him out.

"But I always thought that we were siblings." Tristan says. His tone can't hide his excitement. If it was not for Lucas ordering him to help organize the move and for Annie still being unconscious, I am sure he would have run off to her already.

"Who in their right minds would have a crush on his sister?" Lucas retorts. Immediately, Tristan's face becomes beef red. I hear a row of laughter on the side and see the other pack members laughing as they eavesdrop on our conversation. What happened in the forest was no secret to the pack. As such, everyone already knew that Annie is the beta's mate. As I see now, it seems that it is a common knowledge in the pack that Tristan has a huge crush on Annie.

Tristan seems to be really embarrassed and hurriedly defends himself. "I am not his biological brother!" He shouts.

"It's not as if you knew that before. If not for Lilly you would never have known that Annie is your mate." Lucas kindly points out.

As it seems, the two of them are not biological siblings. Tristan's parents raised Annie when her parents died. Also, it seems that almost everyone, except Tristan, knew this fact.

I wonder what the pack was thinking when they deliberately hid this fact from Tristan. Were they having fun teasing him?

"That's true. Luna..I truly thank you." Tristan stands up and with a sincere expression, bows down in front of me. I hurriedly stand up and wave my hand.

"No, it's all good. I'm glad I did it." I tell him. Truth be told, I also am not sure how it happened. I just suddenly saw that chain-like object in their chest and as Lucas instructed, I tried breaking it with the wind energy.

I remember the vision that I saw before where I saw Tristan and Annie, Tristan was clearly calling Annie his wife and they were wearing some ancient clothing. The thing is, in my vision, Tristan clearly saw me and interacted with me. The visions I saw before were filled with people I don't recognize. Last night was the first vision where I saw familiar faces.

Why is it that I often see visions? Were they things that happened in the past? Are these connected with my lack of wolf? And what was that voice that I kept on hearing until now?

I furrowed my brows together as I think of the reason.

No matter what it is, I know that Lucas knows something.

"What are you thinking of?" I hear a soft voice near my ear. why is quickly followed by an arm wrapping on my waist. I quickly take a step forward to escape from his grasp. Lucas let me go but raised his brow in question. Lucas has been hugging me to sleep ever since we started staying together in his room so I am quite used to his touch. Still, my mind can't forget the public display of affection by that nasty pair of Alpha and Luna that I saw yesterday . If Lucas and me look like how they did, then I never want to be in that kind of position with Lucas in public.

"I- It's not that I am avoiding you. It's because.. you remember yesterday. That Alpha and Luna in the hall. In front of others - it's not nice to look at." I quickly explained to him.

Lucas moves faster than I can blink. A fraction of a second just passed when he once again got me in his embrace with my back pressing on his chest. One of his arms encircles my waist and the other one is dangerously placed near my bosom.

"But, no one is looking." Lucas declares. It automatically makes me shift my eyes to our surroundings. True to his words, all pack members are either looking away or looking down. I don't know why but this makes me more embarrassed.

"Besides you and I are not similar to those toads." He leans dangerously close to me so that I can feel his breath on my ears. "For one they are not as good looking as you and I." He whispers. On the side, just a few feet from us, is Ethan who suspiciously starts whistling a song. And that song just happens to be the tone of Versace on the Floor.

"Ahem. Alpha. Luna. We finished the work." Someone says after clearing his throat. I see Ron standing a few feet away from us. It seems that the actual work was passed to him since the Alpha doesn't like to work and the Beta is love-struck. Suspiciously, Ron addresses his words to Lucas but he is looking at Tristan.

"The prisoners and the patients?" Lucas asks while still not letting go of me. I suddenly thought of my father who is still in the prison.

"We did as you instructed." Ron replies. He is now looking at Ethan and sends the noisy guy a fierce glare. The latter immediately stopped whistling. However, just a few seconds later, he hums Despacito. This makes the others glare at him too.

"Good." Lucas says as he softly grips my shoulders and makes me look at him. "This trip.. are you ready?" He asks me. His eyes seem to communicate to me. Right then, I know that he is asking me a very important question.

Am I ready for this trip that will finally answer my questions?

I deeply stare back into Lucas' eyes. His eyes are clear and hold deep emotions. No matter what happens, I know that he will be by my side. So, I nod with force.

"Yes."

Lucas' eyes become more tender and he gives me his signature smirk. Then, his eyes shift to the pack.

"Then we will move. To Amaya Forest." Lucas declares with strength.