Chapter 21

The proposal was arranged to be presented in the big conference room inside the Finance Department.

Normally, only the heads and the members of the concerned departments would attend the presentation. However, for an unknown reason, the general manager was also in attendance. When the other department heads heard it, they also went and joined the audience.

So, the big conference table was filled with most of the big shots in the company.

Iris, who was sitting on the side, felt a big cold sweat on her back.

The general manager was the most senior among all of them so they waited for his signal to start. However, he didn't immediately start the meeting. In fact, he started an idle chatter like he was wasting some time.

After around ten minutes of talking nonsense, he kindly asked Iris to start the presentation and gave her an encouraging smile.

Iris felt his good intention and smiled back before walking in the front. She greeted everyone first before starting.

Iris had a lot of experience in public speaking. Thus, she looked comfortable and charming as she explained to them the details of her proposal.

Although they noticed that she didn't start a visual presentation, the heads of the departments were still hooked as they listened to the beautiful and capable woman.

"The proposal is very interesting, Ms. Miller. I would like to see the numbers." The head of the Finance Department said.

Ben was sitting on the side as he listened to Iris' proposal. The woman was very smart and remembered every detail despite not having visual aids and notes. He really wanted her. But, she clearly rejected him. He looked away from her when she was asked to present the numbers. It would be close to impossible to compute the value and percentages of approximate marginal profit depending on each situation. Even if she was brilliant, she would obviously mess up this part.

Iris did not panic. Instead, she brilliantly smiled and projected the screen of her laptop to the screen.

The table projected on the screen, however, was blank. The audience started to whisper loudly.

The general manager noticed what was wrong right away. Thus, he coughed once to silence everyone.

"Ms. Miller.. what happened to your table?" He gently asked. His back, however, had cold sweats running down his spine.

Melinda, who was sitting on the side, secretly sniggered.

"If I can invite everyone to look at the screen please." Iris' gentle but clear voice was heard.

Most looked at the screen but still found that the table was empty. The head of the Advertising Department was about to scold her when she saw that Iris started typing.

Everyone saw it. Iris input all the numbers on the table as she started to explain what the numbers represented. She did not use the calculator.. but directly input all the numbers herself!

Everyone was astonished. Some even took the calculator on their phones to check if her computations were correct. To their amazement, not a single digit was wrong!

Iris finished everything after twenty minutes.

"Thank you, everyone, for listening. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask." She charmingly said.

At this time, everyone was completely amazed by her. The general manager looked like he wanted to stand up and applaud her!

Melinda gritted her teeth. She couldn't believe it! She painstakingly risked her job to steal that drive and the important pages which contained the calculations of her proposal. How come that woman was able to compute it on the spot!

Then, she remembered that Iris forgot the coordination with the local government part of the proposal. She knew it because even she was impressed when she read that part.

That's right! She could steal that idea and impress all the bosses!

"Excuse me, I got something to say." She blurted and everyone looked at her.

Iris watched as Melinda walked near her. Melinda was about to say something when she noticed the pink mark on her neck.

Accidentally or not, Melinda stumbled and managed to grab Iris' scarf with her. However, Iris was clumsy and fell down as well. The two of them fell on the floor.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sor-" Melinda started but suddenly said, "OMG! Are those hickeys?" She loudly said.

Everyone looked and saw the pink hickeys on Iris' neck. Iris' brow furrowed when she heard a magnetic voice say, "What happened here."

Everyone was startled. One by one they stood up and greeted the newcomer, "Mr. President." They stammered.

Iris knew that voice. Immediately, she looked up and saw Elliot coming to her.

She blinked twice before looking at the big shots standing respectfully and at Elliot before realization dawned on her.

On the other, Elliot hurriedly went to her and carefully gathered her in his arms.

"Are you hurt?" He softly asked her as he emitted a dangerous aura around him.

Iris opened her mouth to speak before she closed it again.

How come.. this man who is hugging me.. it could only be Elliot. She thought. But when did Elliot become the president of her company?

Iris was confused and didn't know what to say. However, she noticed Melinda at the corner or her eyes. The girl looked like a fish with her mouth wide open.

This stinker tried to bully me again. She thought as she gave Melinda a look. However, her facial expression didn't show what she truly thought. She just looked surprised and her face was a little pale, making people think that she might be hurt.

"Iris?" Elliot's voice woke up Iris from her reverie. She stared at her husband who turned out as the big boss.

Suddenly, she lifted her arms and wrapped it around Elliot's neck. The ring he gave her was immediately displayed and sparkled the whole room.

"Hubby.." She clearly said as she looked at him pitifully. Her face looked so delicate that people couldn't help but worry for her. However, everyone froze by her one word and the display of her dazzling ring. She couldn't be.. the president's wife? Everyone was surprised.

However, what turned the people into stone was her next words.

"Hubby.. I fell.. our baby." She added and everyone, including Elliot, was stunned silly.