Chapter 22

Everyone had colorful expressions on their faces.

The head of the Advertising Department's eyes turned as wide as saucers.

Ben looked as if he swallowed a fly.

The general manager's eyes seemed to twinkle like stars.

Melinda's mouth almost dropped on the floor.

Elliot.. looked like he stopped breathing for a few seconds before he gave Iris a meaningful look.

He looked as magnificent as ever. However, only he himself knew that he was biting the insides of his cheeks to prevent himself from smiling like silly.

Hubby.. she called me hubby.. Elliot's mind kept on thinking. He looked down at the girl in his arms and the pitiful look on her face.

She also said.. our baby.. Elliot thought as he looked at her flat stomach.

Of course, she couldn't be pregnant.. yet. After all, they haven't taken the last step. But still, he knew why she said those things.

She wanted to scare this swine who tried to hurt her. She clearly wanted to borrow his knife to kill another. And he was only too happy to comply.

Thus, he carefully touched her flat abdomen as he anxiously looked at her.

"Does it hurt anywhere?" He worriedly asked.

Iris blinked at him. Although she looked pale, her eyes were sparkling. It was as if she was very satisfied with his performance.

"A little.. cramp." Iris said as she bit her lower lip. Her eyes turned slightly misty.

Elliot knew that she was acting but his heart hurt by her look. Suddenly, a ferocious aura leaked from his body and everyone, especially Melinda, startled to tremble.

Iris looked at her husband and saw that his expression became so dark. She unconsciously reached out and touched his face.

Elliot felt comfort by that simple touch and he bowed his head and kissed Iris on her forehead.

"Don't worry. It'll be fine." He said as he carefully carried her up and started to walk out of the conference room.

Elliot was already at the door when he stopped and slowly but coldly said, "You'll sorely pay for this if anything happened to my wife.." He paused before adding, "and my child."

Everyone, except two people, felt as if they escaped from the hell's door when the two were finally gone.

Melinda was still shaking so bad on the floor and no one dared to help her. On the other hand, Ben felt like his whole body went cold as he thought that he was dead, for sure.

..........

Elliot walked to his private elevator. Basically, he paraded himself while carrying Iris on the entire floor. He even allowed some brave employees to take their photos. Actually, he knew that these photos would be posted in the company's gossip group. That was one of his goals in carrying Iris like a princess. He wanted the whole company to see them like this so the annoying flies would finally know that Iris belonged to him.

Iris was silent and obediently leaned on his chest the whole time. However, she started questioning him the moment the elevator doors were closed.

"Where are we going?" Iris curiously asked. He eyes were so bright as if she just finished watching her favorite show.

"Taking you to the hospital." Elliot replied as he gently kissed her nose. He was so proud of his girl. The way she handled her proposal. The confident Iris who excellently answered her superior's questions . The amazing Iris who did the computation on the spot like she had a built in calculator in her mind.

"I'm fine, Elliot." Iris laughed but she was cut by Elliot's lips pressing on hers.

"Why don't you call me hubby again?" He demanded.

"Erm.. hubby.." Iris obediently repeated. Elliot wanted to kiss her again but she covered his lips with her hand before asking, "How come you are our president?"

Elliot kissed her hand as he thought that his girl was finally asking him the right question.

"How come you didn't know?" Elliot said when Iris moved her palm away from his lips.

Iris was a little embarrassed. She repeatedly read the names of all the officers of the company when she was preparing for an interview. However, it just didn't click on her mind that the president of the company she was working for was the very same husband that she recently married.

"There's still no need to go to the hospital.. I wasn't hurt at all." She murmured as she embarrassedly tried to change the subject.

Elliot raised a brow and secretly felt relieved. He was scared that she would question him and finally find out the reason why he started the company. Thus, he gave her a witty comeback.

"We should go to the hospital.. or pretend to go. Otherwise, they will know that we are just lying about our baby." He whispered to her like a true conspirator.

Iris eyes widened in realization. "But.. in the few months they will know that we are just pretending that I'm pregnant." She also lowered her voice and told him.

Elliot's eyes blinked in surprise as if he never thought of that before. Then he replied to her with a serious expression, "Then.. should we make real babies?"

The elevator rang and the doors opened. Elliot proudly walked in the lobby filled with employees as he lovingly carried Iris in his arms.

Inside the elevator, however, stood Sean who was ignored the whole time. He was standing like a statue.. looking at the back of his demon lord boss and his.. devil incarnate wife.. thinking that the two were off to make some little de---*ahem* babies.