Chapter Fifteen

Feel the Energy of the Wind

Lilly

Energies of the world? What is Lucas talking about?

Is he talking about those colors?

"Energies of the world? Do you mean those faint glows of different colors?" I curiously asked him.

Lucas had me sitting on his lap and his arms are wrapped on my back. My chest is almost touching his torso and his face is inches away from my face. I can feel his hot breath on my face.

I feel my cheeks grow hot because of our position. And also, because of the fact that he is holding me like this in front of his whole pack. True, most of them are sitting crossed legs with their eyes closed. But, we are also under the shade of the oak tree which is on top of the small hill in front of the pack. The pack members only need to open their eyes and they can see us in full display.

I lightly push Lucas away but he is not having any of it. Instead, he pulls me closer.

"Yes, tell me about it." He asks me.

Tell him about what?

Oh yeah. Those faint glows.

This position of us and the hot breath of my face almost made me forget what we were talking about.

"Yeah, I can see some of the pack members are emitting some faint glows of different colors. Most of them don't have it, though." I tell him. Then, I remember what happened last night.

"Oh. Last night when you were fighting against those "wolf-likes," you also had a red glow on your palm. But it is so much bigger than those around the pack now."

Lucas gives me a long and hard stare before he breaks into a full, megawatt smile. Wow. I think this is the first time that I see him smile like this. Lucas always looked calm and expressionless before.

However, right now, his eyes twinkle with amusement and his lips are stretched out, leaving his straight and white teeth in full display. His beauty almost knocked the breath out of me. I almost feel like I'll start hyperventilating.

"You, my mate, are more than incredible." He says while his face starts to lean on me and I start to panic.

Is he going to kiss me?

"Are you going to kiss her?"

I hear a small voice beside us. I whip my head to my side and see a cute little boy with super curly hair and a deep set of blue eyes.

Behind him, I can see that some of the pack members were startled by this young boy's voice and are curiously looking at us.

I think I can die with embarrassment.

Lucas, on the other hand, is unaffected.

He calmly looks at the young boy and nonchalantly nods his head.

"Yes, I was about to." He isn't content with his nod that he even verbally tells him his answer.

"Are you mates?" The little boy asks.

This time, Lucas only nodded his head.

"Are you the alpha? You were a bit scary yesterday." The little guy accused Lucas.

Again, Lucas only nodded his head. His face never betrayed any emotion.

The little boy seems fed up with Lucas' lack of verbal reply so he turns his face to look at me.

"Are you Luna?" He asks me.

"Yes." Lucas answers for me.

Suddenly, the little boy breaks into a smile. His deep dimples could be clearly seen.