Chapter Three

Call Me Lucas

Lilly

Imagine being thrown in the middle of an ocean without anything to hold on to? Even if you are an expert swimmer, you will still be anxious for your safety considering the vastness of the water. But, imagine the water embraces you like a mother embracing her child. You are thrown in a water where it is impossible that you will be drowned. What will you feel? Relief or calmness? Despair? Loneliness or security? Will you feel confused?That is how I feel like now.

Mate.

Those are the words that I heard from this magnificent guy before me. Those dark eyes look at me like a hunter looks on his prey. I see a deep set of emotions in his eyes before he blinks and everything is gone. I am thoroughly confused.

The Alpha just called me mate. And he is not just an ordinary alpha, he is our Alpha. The Alpha of the Black Mist Pack, the original pack, the strongest pack. He is that Alpha who was raised by the were-council. He is our most awaited Alpha.

And now, he called me mate. Could destiny really made me as its plaything? I am a wolf-less girl, the abomination of the pack. What will the Alpha think of me? Is he very disappointed? And if he rejects me and treats me as how I was treated by my family and the pack... Well, he will definitely reject me. And worse, well, everyone always wanted me dead. But how cruel would it be to be killed by my own mate?

Looking at my mate who is staring back at me without a trace of emotion makes me feel sorrow more than relief. The extreme injuries that my body sustained does not matter. The fact that I am almost dying does not matter. I look at my Alpha who stares back at me blankly. I always know that my mate would reject me. But, for my mate to order me killed? It is unbearable. The physical pain of my body does not amount to the pain my heart is currently starting to feel.

It seems like an eternity since he stood there, looking at me on his feet. I am almost sure that he will order me to be killed or be taken away in just a few moments. My emotions keep on surging, and, for the first time in my life, I feel despair.

I am so immersed in my emotions and didn't notice that some of the pack members around me, mostly the students, are on the floor, gasping for air. Some of the teachers and stronger pack members are still standing but their faces are pale. One would think that these pack members are currently suffering an immense pain. It's only when one fainted and fell over the metal trays on the counter did I notice this. Our Alpha, who stood there frozen also seemed to be startled with the sudden noise. He clenches his fist and walks towards me.

Is this it? Will he finally reject me? Will he order me to be taken away and even erase my existence? The despair in my heart grows exponentially.

Then, the alpha suddenly moves fast and in a flash, he is crouching over me. Without hesitation, he extends his hand and takes the strand of my hair covering my face. My heart beats erratically with that simple touch. I look at him. I may lose my life soon, but seeing him at my last moments is not that bad. I guess this is it. I should not despair, instead, I should be resigned to my faith.

I don't blame him at all. He will just be miserable with me around.

I look at my mate's face and see how magnificently he looks. Unconsciously, a melancholic smile tugged on my face.

It's okay, mate. I understand.

"Don't" My mate says and the smile that was forming on my face faltered. He avoids my eyes and I just saw him take out his jacket and wrap it around me. Hastily, he puts his arms on my shoulder and behind my legs and carefully lifts me up. This development stuns me. I cannot feel our mating pull. Still, I can feel the heat coming from his body. His arms tightly secures my body as he stands up.