Chapter Fifty-Four

Lilly

Something that was lost may never be retrieved. But something that was restrained is always present, never away, never lost, never moving. Merely restricted.

The image that I see after I was intimately held by my Lucas is a rather familiar picture.

Barren land, no signs of life. Just waves and waves of strong wind. In the middle of it is a beautiful woman with silver hair. Her immaculate face is indeed captivating. Her eyelashes are just like a fan, long and curly. Her nose is perfectly arched on her face. Her cherry lips are most alluring.

On her body are series of heavy chains holding her body down without mercy. On her arms and legs, blood is non stop flowing down.

But pain is not seen on her face.

Just calmness.

And patience.

This has been the image I started seeing since I met Lucas.

"You have kept me waiting." Her enchanting voice calls unto me. My heart clenches painfully as I look at her.

"I have kept you waiting." I softly replied. "You had a hard time."

"What is important is you have finally found me." She replies as her beautiful face stays unmoving and her eyes are kept closed.

"I had to sacrifice you, causing you so much pain." I softly say as I slowly take steps towards her. The wind gets stronger and stronger as I get near. Each wind came to me like heavy lashes, causing blood to be drawn out of the areas contacted by it. After a few torturous moments, I finally reached her.

I reach out to touch her face. It is frozen cold.

"I am your servant. I'll do whatever you will." Her magical voice sounds on my ears.

I close my eyes and gather my power in the center of my palm. In my heart, I gather my will.

I command you to lift the restraints sealing your power.

Because I, your master, have returned.

Immediately, cracking sounds are heard. The wind that created the storm invokes a disturbance until it gets weaker and calmer. The heavy chains start to evaporate like dust.

The beautiful woman stays standing in the middle. Little by little she opens her eyes.

Endless green is seen by her magical pupils. It is comparable to the eyes of the Moon Goddess.

"Althea." I call her name and give her a small smile. Standing in front of her now is surreal. I was... gone for far too long.

"Welcome back, Master." Her magical voice replies as she kneels down in front of me.

x x x

The faces of the wolves hold different expressions as they look at me.

Some look surprised, some look curious. Others are clearly annoyed at my criticism. After all, in their minds, I am just a little Luna who holds some power.

However, the one who gives the most amusing reaction is clearly my mate Lucas who is the most powerful Alpha in the world.

He holds onto my waist non-stop since our hug earlier. I owe him too much explanation, but knowing him, he will never pressure me to answer.

My silly mate.

My loving husband.

Who would have thought that you would follow me here? In this life that is vastly different from ours.

How long have you waited? How were you able to preserve your memory?

You must have made countless pain and sacrifices in order to stand here and be reunited with me, who left you without any explanation or warning.

I grip his hands which are holding my stomach closer to me. Now we are finally together, but once again, we are facing the same enemy. However, this time we both hold our powers. This time.. I wouldn't let you be separated from me again.

I look up and notice that no one has moved from their positions.

I asked for them to organize and no one has complied?

It seems like so much time has really passed, the wolves have forgotten how to listen to me, their Luna.

I call Althea and allow her aura to slowly leak from my body. Right away, I see the wolves start to tremble from fear and astonishment.

"Gather together, I won't repeat myself." I quietly order. The wolves of everyone in the vicinity automatically react and follow my words. Their human side, however, is still holding shock and fear.

Only one stayed unaffected, my mate who is holding my stomach from behind and now is sporting a small pout. I can't help but chuckle at his cute face.

"You have returned and already stop paying me attention." He sulks.

"I will give orders so they can start moving. Then you will have me alone." I softly coax him.

"Then give orders now. My emotions were just overflowing and you have brushed me off like that. This is not how I imagine our reunion would be." He retorts as he holds me even closer.

"Is that so? Then let go of me and I'll finish my business here." I reply to him. The other wolves look so confused as they stare at us. Still, no one tries to interrupt our conversation.

"I won't ever let go!" Lucas says as he stubbornly holds me.

There's no other way, then.

Suddenly, four figures appear in front of us. Immediately, they give us a bow.

The werecouncil. It seems like they stayed faithful to their purpose. I give them a small nod in acknowledgment. Immediately, I sense a feeling of surprise and astonishment coming from the four of them.

Good. It seems that they realize who I and I won't need to explain to them what my status is.

I move my eyes around the werewolves and I feel defiance and anger coming from them. Especially the Alphas. Earlier, their wolves have moved through Althea's compulsion. However, it is clear that their human side is both unwilling and angry from being compelled to do something against their will.

If this is how they want to do it, then I might as well be direct to them and confront them.

"I will say this only once." I start to say before anyone has a chance to react.

"I will be the one in charge in this war and everyone is to listen to me." I directly order them.