Chapter Thirty-One

"Please don't blush. That person will kill me."

Lilly

After a long day, a long night truly awaits us. Tonight is the very first training organized by the alpha, and only the chosen few are allowed to attend it.

As he said before, not all can use the energies. Only those who I chose during the assembly can participate.

Of course, our guests, the alphas and their guards are invited to join.

However, this doesn't mean that the training or its content is a secret. The training is to be held at the field, hence anyone can watch.

At exactly seven in the evening, most of those invited are already in the field. Lucas is still not around so we are only waiting for him so we can start. He was called to attend to something when we arrived at the pack house and Tristan never left my side since then. Ethan, on the other hand, keeps on giving me a funny look.

I know that I had a situation earlier with Lucas, and I know that the pack members around us might have heard us. So I wanted to dig a deep grave and shove my face inside it so I don't have to show myself again.

It doesn't help that Ethan keeps on giving me a teasing look. His nose is sporting a band aid which he put on when I slammed the door on his face. He is a werewolf and his nose probably took a minute to heal.. so he is just keeping the band aid to tease me.

"Aren't you the Luna? It's a pleasure to finally introduce myself." A smooth voice came from my behind.

I look at the source of the voice and see a good looking man with sleek hair. He looks very neat, like his clothes are fresh out of the iron board.

"You are very beautiful, Luna. And I meant that in a good manner, no malice whatsoever. Alpha Lucas will probably slaughter me if he hears a slight trace of malicious tone from me." He lightly chuckles.

This person looks very crafty and hides deep. His eyes... it seems different. He seems to act in a not serious manner but his gaze is profound. Like his eyes can influence you if he wants to. However, right now, his gaze is as clear as water. There's even a hint of respect from it.

"Ah.. how awful of me. I'm Sebastian. It's a pleasure to meet you." He introduces himself when he notices that I didn't reply.

Ah. So embarrassing. I just stared at his eyes and impolitely ignored his greetings. Realizing this makes me blush.

"Ahhhhhh! I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. Please don't blush. That person will kill me." He suddenly exclaims as he puts his hands up.

Maybe everyone was startled with his shout because everyone looked at us. I sense different feelings from their gazes. Most of them look at me with curiosity and a few of them look with hidden hostility.

I suddenly became uncomfortable and my cheeks became hotter from all the attention that I am receiving.

Suddenly, I feel a whoosh of air in front of me. Then, I see Tristan standing in front of me, effectively keeping the gazes away.

"Pardon my rudeness, Alpha Sebastian. But our Luna is feeling uncomfortable." Tristan states. On his side, I notice Ethan glares at the others who are still staring.

"No no no. It's good. You saved me from being slaughtered." Alpha Sebastian hurriedly replies. His hands are shaking in front of him.

I feel warmth inside my chest from Tristan's and Ethan's reactions. They have protected me. This feeling is something new to me. However, there is a bugging thought inside of me which says that I have experienced this for so many times before.

"It's good that you know you'll be slaughtered." A soft but clear voice speaks on my back. Soon, strong arms are wrapped around my waist.

"Anyone whosoever made my Luna uncomfortable will suffer the consequence." He softly adds as I feel his breath on my shoulder when he speaks.

Lucas.

I feel my cheeks redden some more.

Our.. actions earlier are definitely.. more. I felt shy just to look at him in the eye and ran away once we arrived at the pack house earlier.

Still, in my heart, I can't forget the way he broke down earlier like he was suffering a great deal.

My heart can't help but feel melancholy when I remember it.

"But Alpha, I think you are making the Luna uncomfortable.. She clearly is redder now." Ethan suddenly says.

"Ethan, you green pup. Shut up or I'll make sure you'll regret it for the rest of your life." I hear Lucas reply. His voice is still soft, even almost tender. I instantly thought that the way he said that threat in a gentle manner is very... scary.

Sure enough, I see Ethan immediately close his mouth and run in the far back.

Lucas, on the other hand, keeps his arms around me.

"Good evening, everyone. I asked you here with just one purpose in mind." Lucas starts to explain while he's still holding me. Tristan obediently steps aside. Once again, I feel gazes towards me. The gazes now still hold curiosity, but the hidden hostility increased.

"The purpose is to give instructions on how to control the energies. To all of my pack members here that were chosen to learn this skill, I know that most of you will succeed." Lucas continues. His tone contains certainty, like he is very sure that it would certainly happen.

"Our guests, on the other hand, are going to be given instructions so that they can relay it to their members."

Since I am standing in front of Lucas, I am now more exposed than I was earlier. Lucas, on the other hand, doesn't seem to notice it and just continue on hugging me in front of everyone. Everyone naturally looks at the girl being hugged in front of them.

Soon enough, I can't stand so much attention anymore so I turn around and hide my burning face on Lucas' shirt.

Lucas isn't surprised by my action as if he was expecting it. He only chuckles and puts his arms around my head, effectively covering my face.

"This matter is very important. Everyone saw the viciousness and exemplar healing ability of the "were-likes." It would be very hard to kill them if none of you can master this. If we fail in this, there is a possibility that we might see the end of our kind. " Lucas adds, his tone is normal but his voice carries an indescribable imposing authority.

I feel him move his face to look at everyone present like he is checking something. Then, he nodded as if he was satisfied with what he saw.

"Then, shall we start the training?