Chapter Twenty-Two

"You Shouldn't Hold Dirty Things'

Lilly

Truly, I can see the changes in my life now that I returned to school.

When I alight from Tristan's car, I immediately feel the gazes of the surrounding people on me. Their stares are so heated that I can almost feel them make holes on my body.

Tristan stays beside me and walks me to the room so no one attempts to come near me.

It is inside the classroom that things become very awkward.

I am still seated on the back of the room near the trash bin. The difference is that the trash bin was relocated to the other side of the room. My abused table and chair are gone. What I am using now is a newly painted pair of table and chair.

I mostly expected these things, especially considering how Lucas will react if they make me seat on my former chair. What I didn't expect is the absolute silence inside the room. I arrived last and all of my classmates are already sitting the moment I entered the room. Everyone is so silent that one can hear a pin drop. This is totally different from the usually noisy classroom.

Since I was compelled to do it for years, I automatically lowered my gaze when I entered. I felt that my classmates dropped sweats when I did it. I know they are scared and horrified for the possible results of my actions but habits die hard. Plus, I don't want to start looking at them right now. It is better if all of us pretend that I'm air. And to be honest, I like it when they feel uneasy.

The teacher walks in a few minutes when I arrived. Maybe she is affected by the weird mood because the teacher just awkwardly instructs us to do a sitting exercise before silently sitting in her chair while waiting for our finished works.

The "event" happened after class.

I have a different class so I need to go to a different building. On my way there, Analise, my blood related sister and the most sly woman on earth, calls for me.

Analise is like a master manipulator. She can always makes things look the way she wants them too. In the past, she had framed me a lot of times for the things I didn't do. Coupled with the fact that she's beautiful, smart and has a good built, my parents were inclined to be biased towards her from the start.

In front of the pack, Analise is the perfect daughter and sister. She is warm towards others and only shows them her best side. She is also "loving" and "concerned" towards me, which I obviously detest. Because of this, I gained more scorn from the others. The trash that can't appreciate the grace given to her by her benevolent sister, that is also one thing that I'm known for. Analise is really excellent at making situations and no one ever believed my side of the story.

As I pass the hallway, Analise is already waiting for me with her usual lovely smile and sunny disposition. She is a year younger than me but we are both seniors because she is smart.

"Sis! I have been waiting for you! I really wanted to talk to you since Friday, but I know that you must be busy so it's alright.. Anyway, I'm so excited to talk to you that I missed my first class to wait for you here! I'm scared that I'll miss you before lunch!" She exclaimes with a slightly loud and excited voice. Analise looks very happy to see me. And from the way she phrases her words, its obvious that she wants people to think that I had been deliberately ignoring my sweet little sister, when in truth, she never even contacted me before.

Students are changing classrooms so the hallway is crowded. Of course, the attention is onto us. I stop walking and stare at her shoes. I don't really want to deal with her right now.

"Um, Lil? I.. I just wanted to congratulate you for finding your mate. It's alright if I talk to you.. right?" She softly asks with slightly trembling voice. I didn't reply and just keep staring at her shoes.

After a couple of seconds, she slowly made her way to me. Her body looks very afraid and her face looks very hurt and troubled. She looks really pitiful. She is really a great actress. Most of the students stop their tracks to watch the drama unfold.

I feel her hands on mine. Her coat is big so it covers both of our hands. Suddenly, only a fraction of a second later, Analise screams with all her might. All of the students, including me, froze in shock.

The hand she used to hold mine is now full of blood, like an acid was thrown on it. The skin is obviously broken. It looks very painful.

Analise's tears and blood are flowing nonstop as she bites her lower lips to suppress her scream. It is very heart breaking scene. Had I never met her before, I would have pitied her.

Some students came running to her to help. A guy with a big built kneels down and carefully lifts her hand.

"It's acid! Someone call the pack doctor!" He screams.

Gasps are heard everywhere.

Where did that acid came from? Students look at me with accusing eyes. And of course, in my hand is a little bottle which most probably contained the acid.

How did she put this on my hand?

I can't believe that she would even hurt herself just to make me be hated.

I hear surrounding growls towards me.

"Despicable!" Analise's classmate, Aira hiss. "How can she hurt Ana like that? Just because she's the alpha's mate doesn't give her the right."

"Such a low tactic. Even if she hates her sister how could she pour acid on her. Poisonous wolfless girl." Another one says.

Once it started, everyone also whisper accusing words towards me until a low growl stops everyone.

On the end of the hallway, a tall and domineering figure stood. His eyes found mine and my heart beat loudly.

I close my eyes and make a deep sigh. The evidence in my hand is conclusive. There are so many eye witnesses. Although they didn't see me pour the acid in her hand, how can they believe that I didn't do it? There is no sane person who will pour acid on their own hand.

But, will he believe in me?

Students give way to him. No one dares to talk. Even Analise tries to stop sobbing, but her tears pour out more. She can't stop her hiccups.

Ah she's really good.

Lucas makes his way to me and I refuse to return his stare. I will really hate to see his accusing eyes on me.

I feel his hand on mine as he takes the small bottle but didn't say anything.

"Al.. Alpha.. it was my fault. Lilly didn't do anything. I was clumsy and I provoked her.." Analise sobs.

"Alpha she didn't rea--"

"Shut up. You're annoying." Lucas says as he tosses the bottle nonchalantly.

Analise maintains her pitiful and aggrieved look but her eyes, which momentarily show her disbelief, betray her.

Lucas softly grasps my chin and makes me look at him. He is still sporting the usual expressionless face but his eyes are soft and warm.

"You shouldn't hold dirty things." He dotingly tells me with a soft voice.

Thrn, Lucas holds my hand and starts pulling me out the building, not caring about the drama in the hallway.

"Alpha! It was.. It was Lilly who poured the acid on Ana. Ana is seriously injured." Aira says.

Lucas stops his step and sweeps his eyes to Aira who flinches and then to Ana who looks very pitiful.

Surprisingly, he just gives a slight nod. As if someone told him that the whether today will be a little rainy.

Afterwards, he gives me a look and says, "You have a blood stain on you, let's get you new clothes." before whisking me away from the crowd.