Chapter Sixty-One

Lucas

Moments when I feel uneasiness is indeed rare.

I look around the big clearing. Tens of thousands of rogues and "were-likes" are lining up and looking like they are about the attack anytime.

However, that is not why I am feeling uneasy.

"Alpha." Tristan calls me. In his hand is a silver spear covered with rubber in the handle. His aura is fluctuating. Black energy is swirling around him like it is about to attack. He is ready to fight anytime.

I look at my side and find the wolves lined up as well. Weariness can be seen in their eyes as they stay in line, ready to transform as soon as they hear my order.

I can't blame them for feeling uneasy. Around five thousand "were-likes'' is enough to contest the whole werekind. And in addition to the rogues who count roughly more than forty thousands, it is indeed a terrifying sight.

If I leave them now, the casualties will be tremendous.

However, I feel that there is something wrong on Lilly's side.

Did I get to the point where I have to choose between saving my mate or saving the werekind?

"You seem bothered, Alpha Lucas." A sinister voice travels to my ears. His aura is concealed and I can't find him anywhere. However, right away, I know that he is a dark magician.

"You seem to enjoy hiding behind your creatures." I reply to him loudly.

"That is really the case. If I show myself around you might burn me into crisp. And I'm scared of the heat." His voice once again transmits to my ears.

"You are smart to buy time by talking to me." I nonchalantly complimented him.

Then, I hear a sinister laugh.

"You are the smart one, Alpha Lucas. I bet you realize your predicament now."

I smirk. "Of course. You want me to choose. To leave here and save my mate so you can effectively capture these wolves and turn them into "were-likes"? Or to stay here and let my mate be captured so you can turn her into "were-like." Both options you will get powerful weapons." I use my voice to reply to him. Of course, all the wolves hear me and they immediately realize our dire situation.

Or so they thought.

Lilly and Althea need you. Do you still want to continue playing dead?

I ask in my mind.

I know that my wolf, Erim, can hear me. However, he still refuses to respond.

No one knows the pain that I felt when Luna left me. No one, except my wolf.

Back then, I needed to do what she wanted me to. I lived a glorious life as Eleazar, the First King. I succeeded in protecting my mate's people. But I never resigned to fate. I knew that I would find her again. However, my life was already failing. In order to find her, I needed to return to this world.

How was I able to do that?

It was Erim who did the sacrifice.

My wolf has been in tremendous pain ever since Althea was put into shackles. He lost connection to her, except for the faint sense that tells him that she still exists. He held into that connection and remained in this world to never lose it. He was alone in this world until the day I was born again.

My wolf, however, refused to respond to me. In fact, he has been playing dead ever since our mate left us. I respected his wishes, so I never insisted on calling him. Not until today.

Erim.

I call him again.

I know you have been awake. If you don't go now, Althea will suffer again.

This time there is a ripple of energy within me.

I smile knowingly as I know that he decided to come out.

"How wrong you are to think that I need to choose." I look at the back of the line of the "were-likes" and find a concealed aura.

I smirked and the power within me exponentially became stronger until bright red lights covered me. Suddenly, a very powerful and ancient aura comes from my body. I feel the wolves and the rogues start to tremble. Slowly, the light faded and a huge beautiful black wolf was standing right next to me. Its fur is like shiny silk and its eyes are crystal red. He is the wolf given to me by the moon goddess when I exchanged my power of fire for a power of shifting. Made from the power of the most powerful sorcerer, my wolf became the most powerful wolf that ever existed. When Luna returned my power, Erim and I were able to exist separately from each other. We are connected, but he can materialize his body without my help.

I look to Erim and see his eyes looking at me with profound emotion. I lift my hand and touch his neck.

You did well.

Erim nuzzles his head on my hand as he closes his eyes.

As did you. He tells me before he opens his eyes and vanishes.

Of course, he is on his way to help Lilly.

I softly smile and look at the army of weaklings in front of me. Since you want to play this game then I will play around with you until my heart's content.

"Now are you ready for a barbeque party?" I ask everyone.