Chapter Sixty-Five

So sorry everyone, I miscalculated. This is the final chapter for the main story. I will upload the special chapter and the chapter 1 for Book II after this. Book II is a story about their son, Elliot.

P.S. There is a continuation of the love story of Lucas and Lilly but it's on book III. I will only upload Books I and II here in wattpad as I have an exclusive contract with iReader (and storylite under them) for the Book III.

Please, don't post my story in any other plaform. I am not allowing you to do this.

Thank you so much for your support.

Love, Maj

...............................

Lucas

The war ended fast. Unsurprisingly, the minions who lost their leader were easily defeated.

I stand in the middle of the battleground as I watch the wolves follow my one order: Kill everyone.

It might sound harsh. The "were-likes" were once normal wolves. However, their destinies were tragic enough to fall victim to the black magic. They once had lives, they once had loved ones.

In fact, they are truly the real victims in this war.

However, there is no possibility for them to return. They were already fully consumed by black magic. Their human souls were long gone. Thus, it is better for their wolves to enter the circle of reincarnation earlier and find their humans. This much burden, we should shoulder for them.

Of course, the main reason for my order is to finish every enemy before my mate returns.

Lilly is the queen. She can be tough if she needs to be. She can kill if necessary. However, if possible, I will do all the dirty work for her. I will do everything that I can to spare her lovely little hands from being unclean.

"You act as if you're the one who's killing. You just gave the order. Obviously, you are just standing there since killing the sorcerer." I move my eye to the side and see Sebastian who is in his wolf form as slam a spear to a "were-like's" heart.

Did I think out loud just now?

"No you didn't think out loud. But you are looking to the direction where your wolf went. You also have the face which says you can't bear letting Lilly see or do the killings so you are willing to sacrifice yourself for her." He tells me through a mind link once more.

Such a loud person. He can't stop talking even when he is in his wolf form.

I choose to ignore him since I am the bigger person here.

A few minutes have passed and I feel a very familiar aura coming from the east. In a blink of an eye, I see a magnificent black wolf arriving in front of me. It seems like it is moving slowly. However, in reality, it covers a few hundred meters in every step it takes.

This wolf is precisely my wolf, Erim.

On top of him sits two persons: One man and a woman.

Both persons look as stunningly magnificent as the wolf.

The man's face is familiar. It is almost a replica of me in the past; when I was the king who ruled over the entire werekind. My heart skips a bit as I look in his eyes that stare back at me. I couldn't help but release a small chuckle as I looked at his stern face.

So this is how this stubborn pup looks. I just knew he was going to take after my face. He really had me waiting for a long time.

They arrive in front of me in a blink of an eye and I send a smirk at my pup that made his cheeks slightly red.

I look over his back and see the beautiful woman sitting behind him. Her face looks like painting with her beautiful hair swaying in the air. Her eyes which are shining like crystals are looking back at me with an unconcealed tenderness. On her shoulders drape a long black coat which made her look so majestic.

She looks so beautiful, so regal.

I involuntarily step forward to receive her. Simultaneously, she reaches her hand and leans her body to me.

My beautiful mate.

My Lilly.

I take her in my arms and hug her tightly. She returns my embrace and rubs her pretty little head on my chest.

The war is finally over.

It's been a long time, my love. We were separated. We were broken.

You fought with all that you can. I held on with all that I have.

I have been waiting for you. Only for you, forever.

My love for you can never be described. Because you are all that I am. You are all that I will be.

And, you see? Here we are. We are finally together. With our love binding us. With our destinies guiding us. And with our powers, no one can ever tear us apart again.

At this moment, my heart is finally at ease.

At this moment, my soul finally felt peace.

At this moment, I know.. we are finally home.